PLEASE tweak the Search function !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MetDude

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Can someone please tweak the search function?

Example - when i search on Ike Davis the result is that i get any thread with just Davis in it.

when i put quotes around the name "Ike Davis" im told there are no matches.

Similiarly when i search on quote "red refractor" im told there are no matches
But searching without the quotes I get the following message.
The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: red

an Ike Davis Red Refractor was posted a couple weeks ago.
Not surprisingly - i hadnt noticed it until today when I randomly clicked on a thread i was simply curious about.

Google search site function often misses things as well. (not the benchs fault)

Point being ,
i cant find what im looking for in a time efficient manner.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it doen't pick up words less than four letters, so Ike doesn't show up. You can try just Davis and work your way through threads that have other players that have that surname, there can't be that many even then to get so worked up over this.

The search function really puts a strain on the site and that is why we have ruled out searching for anything with 3 or less characters. So, in this example, you would have to use "Davis refractor".

The search function really puts a strain on the site and that is why we have ruled out searching for anything with 3 or less characters. So, in this example, you would have to use "Davis refractor".

I was not aware of this particular point.
Thanks for the courteous reply!

edit -
To follow up on this
putting a phrase in quotes does not return exact matches.
"2010 Topps Chrome"
produces any thread with 2010 or topps or chrome

Last edited: