Thoughts about the trade manager from a newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Awesome Wally

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
The Trade Manager is a great tool for keeping track of your trades but like anything else, there may be room for improvement. I know it tells me when I sent my end and what my tracking number is, would it be possible to display the date and tracking number of the package I am receiving? That way I would be able to follow my incoming packages as they trek across the country. Is there a reason for not doing this?

That will only work if the other member populates that information and if they use delivery confirmation.

I am new too, but as I understand it the tracker is only for keeping up with your own outgoing shipments and doesn't share the data with the other party involved. Am I missing something?

I originally put my DC number in thinking that the person I was trading with would be able to track my package. If I have the tracking number from the post office, why would I need to enter it to keep it for my records? I just thought it would be an advantage to both parties to see when their incoming package was sent and when to expect it if a DC was entered on the other end.

The Trade Manager is a great tool for keeping track of your trades but like anything else, there may be room for improvement. I know it tells me when I sent my end and what my tracking number is, would it be possible to display the date and tracking number of the package I am receiving? That way I would be able to follow my incoming packages as they trek across the country. Is there a reason for not doing this?

All trades should be posted and confirmed before any mailing is done, thus there is no way to have the confirmation number at posting, and any information added after is really for notation purposes as you don't want to have any portion of the fields alterable after the fact. In a vast majority of trades there is no need for the cost of delivery tracking, and those that are it's a simple matter to either have this information for your own purposes or to just give the other trader a direct communication.

If USPS tracking is used and you have the tracking number, weather it is outgoing or incoming, you can use the P.O. website, USPS.com, and get email updates any time the package is scanned. I have found this the most reliable way to keep track of a package.