Review 2011 A & G

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2011 A&G

24 packs // 8 cards per pack

'Any 3 of these cards in every box - autograph cards / relic cards / printing plates // rip cards // book cards '

I received the following:

img001.jpg

111 unique base cards and 3 duplicates

12 SP's -- EXCELLENT -- (my other 2 boxes only received 6 each box!!)

As in other A&G issues, the cards are printed on stiff manilla stock. The design is a bit different this year with the Allen & Ginters banner taking a more prominent spot on the front of the card. One would have trouble picking out the 2011 reverse from any of the other previous year's backs.

INSERTS (Lots!!!)

Ginter Code cards

2 gold / 1 black

img002.jpg

Hometown Heros - 18
Floating Fortresses - 3

img004.jpg

Minds That Made the Future - 3
Assent of Man - 4
Baseball Highlight Sketches - 4

Mini Inserts - 24 total

7 Reg back
6 A&G back
2 Black border

img005.jpg

Animals in Peril - 2
Mysterious Figures - 1
Uninvited Guests - 2
Portraits of Penultimacy - 2
Step Right Up - 2

img006.jpg

Box Topper

img008.jpg

Game Used

img007.jpg

2011 Allen & Ginter is again a hit with collectors - especially set builders. I like the SP's grouped together at the tail end of the set and not scattered through out the set. The 'code cards' are kind of strange - at least to me - with designs on the corners of the cards - both in gold and black. I'm sure someone will solve the code - just not me!!

Several folks have been excited about some of the non-baseball additions to the set this year as well - WeeMan, Holtz, Picabo Street, Heather Mitts, Cheryl Burke, and of course - the Prince and Kate!!

No autos in this box, but the autos I have seen are cool - on the card and really look great.

The mini inserts are good chase cards - and the Hometown Heroes is a great insert set to chase - 100 cards.

Overall grade A+ a quality issue.

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays to me...

Duane

Last edited:
Nice break! Love the design this year and the on card autos!

Did you happen to pull any of these (base/mini)? I have some Teixeira and possibly some Hamilton to trade.

10, 12, 54, 145, 150, 160, 275

FFF10 The Closer Brian Wilson

HH25 Miguel Cabrera
HH42 David Wright
HH53 Justin Verlander
HH70 Troy Tulowitzki
HH95 Victor Martinez

BHS-21 David Wright

Nice break! Love the design this year and the on card autos!

Did you happen to pull any of these (base/mini)? I have some Teixeira and possibly some Hamilton to trade.

10, 12, 54, 145, 150, 160, 275

FFF10 The Closer Brian Wilson

HH25 Miguel Cabrera
HH42 David Wright
HH53 Justin Verlander
HH70 Troy Tulowitzki
HH95 Victor Martinez

BHS-21 David Wright

I have these for you:

Base 10-12-150-160
HH 53
Mini ad back 160

Should be in the mail soon.

Duane

Nice break, looks like a great product again this year!

What can I get you for the Uninvited Guests and Floating Fortresses inserts?

What are the cards with the little designs? in the corner like the 'Jones' card in your post? I got one of Fowler #189 and don't have a clue.

Thanks, Rich

Nice looking cards this year. Especially like the team logo on the card. LMK if you pulled any of these.

44 49 95 252 302 312 313
Highlight Sketches #AGHS8 Cody Ross

-Brett

Thanks for your review. I would be interested in any Orioles cards (base/minis) that you have particularly the Jones code card (not that I'm going to try to solve the code). Let me know what you want in trade. Here's a little help finding them:

61 Brian Roberts, 78 Luke Scott, 97 Zach Britton RC, 228 Brandon Snyder (RC), 264 Adam Jones, 269 Derrek Lee, 314 Nick Markakis SP, 317 Brian Matusz SP and 321 Mark Reynolds SP
(No Hometown Heroes or Sketches so don't bother looking for any there. There are 4 Relic cards if you happened to get one of those.)

Last edited:
Thanks for your review. I would be interested in any Orioles cards (base/minis) that you have particularly the Jones code card (not that I'm going to try to solve the code). Let me know what you want in trade. Here's a little help finding them:

61 Brian Roberts, 78 Luke Scott, 97 Zach Britton RC, 228 Brandon Snyder (RC), 264 Adam Jones, 269 Derrek Lee, 314 Nick Markakis SP, 317 Brian Matusz SP and 321 Mark Reynolds SP
(No Hometown Heroes or Sketches so don't bother looking for any there. There are 4 Relic cards if you happened to get one of those.)

I have these for you:
61-78-97-228- & Jones code card
Duane