Question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rock99_1999

BANNED
4.90 star(s)
BANNED
I'm new to this site and another member tell me I was insulting because I offered a certified Adam Dunn for a certified John Lackey autograph card?
I've been collecting for over 30 years and I collect everything and I beleive Beckett has ruined the fun of collecting. I collect my favorite players and favorite teams no matter what Beckett tells me there worth because there worth more to me.
If I'm wrong I would like to appolize to everyone on the site because I don't buy price guides but I do look up what thing are selling for on popular auction sites. Sorry this just rubbed me the wrong way.... I love collecting and I'm very passionate about the hobby.....I remember the days when me and group of buddies would meet at someones house and trade cards for hours and no one cared what Beckett said the cards were worth.

I'm sorry that somebody said you were insulting. Sometimes people think there cards are MORE VALUEABLE than your cards. That's just how it is sometimes. It will get better.
-Rob :D

I'm new to this site and another member tell me I was insulting because I offered a certified Adam Dunn for a certified John Lackey autograph card?
I've been collecting for over 30 years and I collect everything and I beleive Beckett has ruined the fun of collecting. I collect my favorite players and favorite teams no matter what Beckett tells me there worth because there worth more to me.
If I'm wrong I would like to appolize to everyone on the site because I don't buy price guides but I do look up what thing are selling for on popular auction sites. Sorry this just rubbed me the wrong way.... I love collecting and I'm very passionate about the hobby.....I remember the days when me and group of buddies would meet at someones house and trade cards for hours and no one cared what Beckett said the cards were worth.

Please don't let this incident sour you on this site....................Most of the folks that trade here are considerate and as passionate as you are..................Obviously there a a small few who are out just for themselves....................I'll apologize for this moron too......................

Mike

I really like this site actually made my first trade last night......don't get me wrong when it comes to book value. I would never trade a Hank Aaron Rookie for a Ken Griffey Jr rookie. Well unless the Hank Aaron had been ripped, washed, completely faded and the Griffey Jr was the 89 Upperdeck. I guess my point I'm trying to make is sometimes Beckett can create problems. I have a Juan Gonzales insert book Value $25 and I would be lucky to get $5 in trade for it.

Beckett is definitely far from perfect, but it still provides a good starting point for values, for the most part. I'm a lot like you it seems, I just collect certain players or teams, but I do mostly go BV for BV in most trades. However, I'm always happy to add in some extra cards for another trader if it'll help them and their collection out.

This is a great site with a lot of great people, but unfortunately there are a few jerks who slip through the cracks, but there are very few and far between. "The Bench" is a great site for the low-end collector, like yourself, because a lot of the traders here have the same collecting goals.

IMO opionion BV for BV is probably the best way to trade. If you have a card that books for $40 and I have 1-6 cards that book for $42 that you need, I would do that. I would take the $2 loss to get the card I wanted.

Many people only trade BV for BV, it's just part of the hobby.

Sorry about the incident. The good thing about this site and other message boards is that unlike the real world, you can block them and never have to deal with them again. So if it was really that bad, block them and don't worry about it. :)

There has been a few times where I said "Are you Crazy" to my monitor when reading,but "no thanks" or "I'll hold off" is the only thing that comes from my fingers,....don't take what was said personally,..

Clint

All the person had to do was say...No Thanks. No reason to add the other stuff. Lots of great trading partners on this board and if you ever need help putting a newer set together...Let me know! Best regards, David