question about sell value of autographed ball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kugelmanco

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I have an old baseball autographed by Walter Johnson "The Big Train". I am in a bind financially and am needing to make some quick cash, though I never thought I'd have to - one of my last resorts is to unload this item to the highest bidder. It is authenticated by PSA/DNA signed by James Spence. Though the signature is of course faded it is still very legible. I have had it sitting in a box for years now and doing nothing but collecting dust, so if it can help me dig out a little bit it would be better than hanging onto it I guess.

So does anyone have any opinions on what the sell value of an item like this would be? And where and how I should sell it? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

walterjohnsonpsa.jpg

Either ebay and put a reserve on it, try having someone buy it on the boards here or other boards or find an auction but they take some from it

Hard to tell without seeing the signature. You'll have better luck getting top dollar if your scan shows a legible signature.

Something like that I'd look for the big auction houses. Memory Lane, Mastro, Mr Mint, etc. They may charge something, but you don't have to fight with ebay, less worries about non paying bidders, and they have a LOT more experience on how to maximize profits. I see you said 'quick cash', so waiting for an auction like that may not be in your timeline, the other option is to sell directly to a bigger dealer. Some of the big dealers are actually decent to sell to, just for the fact with their volume and reputation, they can work on smaller margins because they often emphasize quick turnover vs maximum profit on every item

Check into Grey Flannel auctions. I think the site is greyflannelauctions.com . I have bought quite a bit of stuff through them, and have never had a problem. They also offer free appraisals and charge a buyers premium, so I don't know if the seller pays or not. Worth checking though. Good Luck, Tony.