Site issues??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John30_usa

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Just wondering if there have been any site issues or maintenance lately? I cannot seem to access the site from any computer besides my IPad.

John

I have had No Issues on three different machines and an iPhone for months and months, I know that the vast majority of issues that users have had in recent months have been DNS related.

I have had No Issues on three different machines and an iPhone for months and months, I know that the vast majority of issues that users have had in recent months have been DNS related.

I'm not very computer savvy, so what is a DNS (don't laugh)? Do I need to do something different?

Thanks,
John

DNS stands for Domain Naming System. It's like a phone directory for computer servers. Your internet provider has a DNS server that your computer will talk to when needed to lookup a website.

However you don't have to use the DNS server provided by your ISP. On top of that if your computer is infected with malware your DNS requests may get routed elsewhere.

Google provides DNS to the public as well as OpenDNS. If you really want to try a different DNS server OpenDNS has very good instructions.

DNS stands for Domain Naming System. It's like a phone directory for computer servers. Your internet provider has a DNS server that your computer will talk to when needed to lookup a website.

However you don't have to use the DNS server provided by your ISP. On top of that if your computer is infected with malware your DNS requests may get routed elsewhere.

Google provides DNS to the public as well as OpenDNS. If you really want to try a different DNS server OpenDNS has very good instructions.

Mind over load. Having the same problems...does not seem like a easy fix. Best regards, David

Thats kind of correct DNS Definition

Domain Name System (DNS) is a database system that translates a computer's fully qualified domain name into an IP address. Networked computers use IP addresses to locate and connect to each other, but IP addresses can be difficult for people to remember. thats why we can type in thetradingbench.com and wahhhh laaaa up pops the bench rather than typing in 74.204.167.43 and/or the number comb o for each site you want to visit. so you type in 123.213.2.31 and that goes to the dns server that says oh hey thats joes fish and tackle and then connects you up to their server kindo f like the old telephone opperator with all the wires and flashing lights that you see them use in old movies.

anywayyyyyy the real fix is as ive posted before tweek your dns settings, the real trick is if you dont know or want to do it is to call yout ISP (the people you get your dls/cable from) and tell them you want to speak to an advanced tech. be firm and respectable let him try to help but power cycling and reentering passwords and all that junk isnt going to help tell him again you want an ADVANCED tech and that your having this DNS issue of not getting to ONE specific site and i bet he wil lobe able to access it and tell you yea its up and runing.

then have them reset your dns, he will MORE than LIKeLY need to do what is called remote assistance where he (The adv tech) will look into your pc and fix it for you, its safe and easy and sooo much quicker. and heres the kicker YOU PAY THEM ALREADY for this service.

still if you need help i am here message me i will do my best to help you out.

dave

I never had any trouble with access to the Bench through IE8 until today. But I had downloaded a couple of microsoft programs to be able to view some MS-Excel help tutorials and that may been what caused it. I added the Bench site to a compatability-view in IE8 and it then worked fine.