2011 Topps Football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2011 Topps Football​

Per Box Items:
36 Packs per Box
10 Cards per Pack
1 auto or relic per box

Topps Sell Sheet

The standard sized cards are bordered in white and have a full color action shot of the player. Very similar to the 2011 Topps Baseball set design, the cards fronts have a splash of the team color, team logo, and team name at the card bottom and the Topps logo in a top corner. There are some horizontal player photos. The card back are all horizontal in design and are photo-less. Outlined with team colors and the team logo, the backs list moderate biographical information, moderate career highlights, and complete career statistics.

What I pulled:
360 total cards
274 base cards 274/440 = 62% of the base set
30 duplicates
5 serial numbered inserts
1 relic card
50 other insert cards
and a Tebow!

Base card front and back:
scan0009.jpg

The Inserts: (not all scanned)
Black Bowers #/55
Gold Young, Moore, Helu, Bradford #/2011
9 Game Day
9 Face of the Franchise: Dolphins, Bills, Vikings, Rams, Falcons.1, Falcons.2, Jets, Cowboys, Raiders
7 Topps Town
6 Super Bowl Legends
6 Super Bowl Legends Giveaway
11 Mini
scan0010.jpg

The Hit:
Game Day Matt Cassel Relic
scan0011.jpg

2011 Topps NFL is Topps' regular base set for the year. This is a perfect example of what collectors have come to expect from a Topps base set. The card design and photograph selection are solid. In my opinion I would have like to have better collation so there are fewer duplicates and I feel that there are way too may inserts. A couple of insert sets to chase is fine, but between the duplicates and inserts there are over 80 cards that could be regular base set cards. The gold and black parallel cards look good, but a couple of them are severely off-center.

The Bottom Line:
I give 2011 Topps NFL a buy rating. Plan on two boxes for the complete set. There are LOTS of inserts to chase. A solid entry level product, but not one for the big hit.

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 3/5
Big-hit Hunter: 2/5
Prospector Hunter: 5/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 5/5
Overall Quality: 3/5

Overall: 32/40 (80% = B)

Topps sent me this box to review for Baseball Digest. I am also offering these cards to members of The Bench for a SASE.

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

id be interested in any 49ers base or if any of the gameday,toppstown,or sb legends are 49ers and the minis if they available.

If you got any Suh, Calvin Johnson, Stafford base I'd be interested....

I am sending out my SASE tomorrow to you for the baseball....I'll include some extra stamps....thanks, Tal....that's great you get a box to review for Baseball Digest :)

Thanks..
Diane

If you got any Suh, Calvin Johnson, Stafford base I'd be interested....

I am sending out my SASE tomorrow to you for the baseball....I'll include some extra stamps....thanks, Tal....that's great you get a box to review for Baseball Digest :)

Thanks..
Diane

Pulled 4 additional cards for you