2011 Topps Pro Debut MLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2011 Topps Pro Debut MLB

Per Box Items:
24 packs per box
8 cards per pack
2 Autographs per box
2 Relics per box

Topps sell sheet

The standard sized cards have a full color action shot of the player on the card fronts. Bordered in white, the card fronts also show the player name, position and team name and logo. A simple colored strip matching the team color and silver foil trim the fronts. The card backs are all horizontal in layout. The card backs are photo-less. Moderate biographical information and modest career highlights highlight the backs. The card backs are also trimmed with a the teams primary color. This is the same design as Topps Series I and II as well as Topps Football.

What I pulled:
191 cards
152/330 base set cards = 46% of the base set (plus three checklist cards)
10 duplicates
14 inserts
7 serial numbered blue parallels
1 serial numbered gold parallel
2 autographed cards
2 relics

Base card front and back:
scan0012.jpg

The inserts: (not all scanned)
Single A 7, 18, 27, 32, 41, 45
Double A 9, 18, 27, 33, 38, 43
Triple A 1, 10
Blue #/309 9, 14, 143, 182, 193, 224, 236
Gold #/50 130
scan0013.jpg

The Hits:
Ryan Adams Auto
Garrett Gould auto (blue)
Mike Trout relic
Chris Archer relic
scan0014.jpg

I absolutely love this year's base card design. Topps again keeps the same design across all of their products for the year. This is the same design as Topps Series 1, Series 2 and their football offering. It is a simple and clean design. I also really like the horizontal backs. The shot selection is great with some good actions shots and some candid moments. The stated odds were right on for the hits. For as much as I do not like lots of inserts, Topps Pro Debut has something cool. In addition to the blue and gold serial numbered parallels, they have Singe, Double, and Triple A All-Star insert cards. These are not too many inserts to chase, have a cool design and make sense for the product. The autos are sticker autos but are designed to fit the cards well. This is the product to get for prospectors.

The Bottom Line:
I give 2011 Topps Pro Debut a shop around rating. Plan on two boxes plus some trading to complete the base set. The inserts and hits are cool, but shop around and find a deal on some boxes first.

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 2/5
Big-hit Hunter: 4/5
Prospector Hunter:5/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 5/5
Re-buy: 4/5
Overall Quality: 5/5

Overall: 30/40 (75% = C)

As always I am offering base and insert cards to members of The Bench for a SASE

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Nice review!! It's hard to find in my area....I found one box, but only pulled about five packs!! If you are trading any....I could use the Blue Kirk N....

Lmk and thanks!!....I really loved what I pulled even if it was five packs lol.
Oh didn't see you were giving out with a SASE....would love that Kirk if you'd like to trade it...or send it....
Lmk details on what I have to do....and I will do so....
Thanks again...Tal..
Diane

Nice review!! It's hard to find in my area....I found one box, but only pulled about five packs!! If you are trading any....I could use the Blue Kirk N....

Lmk and thanks!!....I really loved what I pulled even if it was five packs lol.
Oh didn't see you were giving out with a SASE....would love that Kirk if you'd like to trade it...or send it....
Lmk details on what I have to do....and I will do so....
Thanks again...Tal..
Diane

Post it up as a 'send free cards' trade. SASE for the blue Kirk

Tal

Interested in the blue mitchell and the
Mike trout also If you got any Melky Mesa and Domingo Santana I would be interested in those as well
Lmk if there is
Anything in my tradelist you
Need for them