Review 2011 Topps Platinum - N F L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2011 Topps Platinum - N F L​

20 packs - 5 cards per pack
3 Autographs per box!

I received the following:

54 base and 11 rookie cards - no dupes!!

img030.jpg

img032.jpg

The base cards of Platinum are highly reflective - nearly refractor... The cards nearly look like a foil card. The digital quality of the photos is good and the player is the only one on the card (others have been digitally removed.) The reverse has a summation of the player's stats and a Platinum highlight of his career.

The rookie version is very distinctive. The front has a design in the background and the card itself is 'chromelike'. Each has the RC designation and is easily spotted when ripping packs.

Inserts

Parallels
img031.jpg

I received 19 parallels. These are thick versions of the base cards. I did not receive any rookie parallels.

Green/Red Parallels

img033.jpg

Red - Percy Harvin
Green - Brees, V. Davis

XFractors (RC's) // Blue Refractor

img034.jpg

5 XFractors
Kerley, Carter, Harper, Smith, Shorts

Blue Refractor
Jordan Todman

Die Cut Insert

img035.jpg

Jon Baldwin

VERY cool card!! - Refractor...

Autos

img036.jpg

Darren Evans
Dwayne Harris - redemption

Patch - Auto

img037.jpg

Dion Lewis

This has to be in the top 5 of patches that I have ever had the opportunity to hold in my hands. The scan will not do it justice. 4 colors and nearly 1 and 1/2 in. square. It's also numbered to 356. I can't imagine one of the other 355 being any better than this one. Great job Topps!!

2011 Topps Platinum is a good issue for the set collector. The player collector will also have a good time chasing the different parallels... (however, unless I missed it on the checklist - no Tebow:eek: ) - Crabtree did make the cut...

I would still like to have the colored parallels numbered - even if it's to 1500 or more. It's better for the collector if they know that once the set is completed, it's in a relatively small population.

I'm still not a fan of the redemption auto. Maybe in the future, the redemption autos could be an extra hit in a box? Give us the 3 actual autos promised on the box in the box.

The die cut card is fantastic. I would have liked to receive more than one in a box, however, the one I received is great.

Overall grade A --absolutely beautiful patch card!!

Go buy several boxes and send the Crabtree parallels to me!

Duane

Thanks for the review Duane! You are correct, that is a really nice patch card! Did you happen to pull any Aaron Rodgers or Peyton Manning cards which may be available?

Thanks,
John