Review 2011 Topps Chrome - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2011 Topps Chrome - M L B

24 packs - 4 cards per pack
2 "on Card" autos per box ----- YEAH!!!

I received the following:

74 unique base cards - set is 220
img045.jpg

Topps Chrome is very similar to previous years issues. I believe it's time to have full bleed pictures and no border. The high gloss front has a sharp digital picture AND very little if any 'chrome curl'!!!! I don't know what Topps did to eliminate the curl, but THANK YOU! The reverse is the same as the base Topps set issued earlier in the year.

Inserts

Refractors

Refractors/XFractors

img046.jpg

8 Refractors and 1 Xfractor (#ed to 225 - on the reverse!!:) )

I especially like the refractors this year - the border is silver and the card is very distinctive.

Black Border/Sepia parallels

img047.jpg

Hudson #ed to 100
Sizemore #ed to 99

Vintage Chrome

img049.jpg
Kemp, Braun, Utley, Gonzales

Heritage Chrome

img048.jpg

Ethier, Markakis, Morel, Jeter #ed to 1962
Teixeira #ed to 562

Autos

img050.jpg

Carlos Peguero
Alex Cobb

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Topps Chrome - good issue for the set builder. The various parallels also make this issue good for the player collector - black, refractor, xfractors, blue, purple and orange (not all colors are available in the hobby boxes - some are in the retail boxes.) Even with a full bleed picture, a color of some sort could be added - maybe a very thin line around the edge?

The Vintage Chrome - unimpressive - they just don't look real crisp.

The autos - how sweet it is!! Blue Sharpee - ON THE CARD - they look excellent!:) The card is specifically designed for the auto - good design!

The 1962 design in chrome seems to be a pretty popular insert. The are numbered - on the reverse - as they should be - and the collector that completes the set will know that they have a very exclusive set - one of 1962 or 562 (refractor set.)

Overall grade A the on the card auto saves the set from just one of the crowd.

Go buy several boxes and send all of the Rays autos, and parallels to me!

Duane

Nice review Duane, Would love a shot at the Sizemore for my 12 year old cousin. He is starting a Player Collection.

I might be in the minority, but I've always liked the Topps Chrome version better than the base (not for getting signed but just as collectibles). Glad to see the card curl isn't an issue, i was just looking at my binder of '97 Chromes ets and the cards have actually curled the 9 pocket holder, LOL.