2011 In The Game Heroes and Prospects MLB Series 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2011 In The Game Heroes and Prospects MLB Series 2

Per Box Items:
5 cards
5 "hits" per box

In the Game Sell Sheet

The base autograph cards feature a color action shot of the player. The border-less, white background cards offer a splash of color that houses the set name, logo, and player name. The card backs are photo-less and carry the "In The Game" certificate of authenticity and a small snippet of the players career highlights.

What I Pulled:
5 cards, all 5 are hits
Manny Banuelos Auto
Levon Washington Auto
Yorman Rodriguez Auto
Seth Blair "Hard Cuts" cut auto
Delino Deshields "Between the Seams" Auto
scan0009-1.jpg

**********************************************************************************

Known more for their hockey products, the Canadian based "In the Game" follows up it's First Baseball product with a series two edition. One box, five cards, all five are hits. It is that simple. Not having a MLB license of course, ITG' s Heroes and Prospects is just that, retired heroes and up and coming prospects. The cards themselves are clean and well designed. A nice touch is that every card is already in it's own penny sleeve and top-loader. I love the design of the Between the Seams auto and the cut auto looks good for being from a check. All of the cards say 'silver edition' on the back although they are not serial numbered. The box does say 'low numbered" on it so I would assume that there are serial numbered versions.

The Bottom Line:
I give 2011 In The Game Heroes and Prospects MLB a BUY rating. Five cards with everyone being a hit is nice. Prospectors will love this. Buy a box and give ITG a try!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: NA
Big-hit Hunter: 4/5
Prospector Hunter: 5/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 4/5
Overall Quality: 5/5

Overall: 32/35 (91% = A)

In The Game sent me this box to review for Baseball Digest. I am also offering these cards to members of The Bench for a SASE.

Thanks to In The Game for making this review possible!

Tal

I opened a box of this at the National for a redemption and enjoyed it as well. Interested in the Seth Blair
Lmk
Thanks

Nice break. Like the Blair and DeShields

Interested in the Levon Washington, if available as he may come through the Durham Bulls at some point since he was drafting by the Rays.

Tal,

Tom can have the Washington if I can put it for the Scott Steiner on the TNA box you broke? That way we all get something we want.

LMK

Thanks