2011 Topps Finest NFL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2011 Topps Finest NFL

Per Box Items:
Two 6-Pack mini boxes
5 cards per pack
Each mini-box contains a serially numbered auto Jumbo relic
or a Auto Rookie Patch

Topps Sell Sheet

The standard sized cards feature a full-color action shot of the player superimposed over a silver-metallic background. The background has almost a billet like effect to it. The border-less cards offer a splash of the team's primary color on the top and bottom graphics. The set logo, player name, position and team logo all adorn the card front. The card backs are photo-less. There is basic biographical information, last season and career statistics and a moderate description of the player's finest moment from last season all displayed on the card backs. The card backs are also trimmed in the team colors and also display the team logo.

What I pulled:
60 unique cards
46/125 base set cards = 37% of the base set
8 regular inserts
4 serial numbered inserts
1 auto relic
1 #ed RD auto patch
(1 Tebow!)

Base card front and back:
scan0010-1.jpg

The Inserts: (not all scanned)
Refractors 24, 31, 53, 64
Finest Moments Murry and Rudolph
Finest Atomic Rookie Bowers and Gabbert
Platinum Refractor #/50 Whitten
Blue Refractor #/99 Stewart
RC Red Refractor #/99 Mallett
Gold Refractor#/399 Smith
scan0011-1.jpg

The Hits:
Posluszny Auto Relic #/599
Jones RC Refractor Auto Patch #/99
scan0012-1.jpg

I love Topps Finest products. I always have and always will. I love the designs, the refractors and inserts. Any year, any sport, I will find myself gravitating toward a box of Finest over titles. The autographs are sticker autos and the refractors will have the 'chrome curl.' The quality of the design and cards outweigh these. The only reason why 2011 Topps Finest NFL rated as low as it did is because you will need a few boxes to complete the base set. For every collector though, I find that we all have that one special set that we always like and will always buy. Topps Finest products are that product for me!

The Bottom Line:
I give 2011 Topps Finest NFL a buy rating. Plan on three master boxes (six mini-boxes) for a chance at the complete set. Several tiers of cards to chase will be fun. There are lots of RCs for the prospectors. Go buy a master box and trade your Tebow cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 2/5
Big-hit Hunter: 4/5
Prospector Hunter: 5/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 5/5
Overall Quality: 5/5

Overall: 35/40 (88% = B)

Topps sent me this box to review for Baseball Digest. I am also offering these cards to members of The Bench for a SASE.

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Nice break and review Tal.

I would like to put in a request for the Vick and any other Eagles you might have pulled. Thanks.