Review 2011 U F C Finest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2011 UFC Finest

2 mini boxes - 6 packs per mini box - 5 cards per pack
'3 Autos or Relics per mini box'

I received the following:

37 unique base cards and 1 duplicate
img051.jpg

Check out this guys' hair!!

This premium issue is a highly reflective card with the background being silver - it seems to me that the photos are not quite as sharp as they have been in the past.... maybe it's the silver foil background? The reverse of the card has fighter stats and a synopsis of his fighting career. The 'chain' design is carried from the front to the reverse of the card.

INSERTS

Refractors

8x all #ed to 888
5-11-36-38-68-79-88-90

img052.jpg

Xfractors
3x #ed to 388
37-53-77

I really like the design in the xfractor background - good job Topps!

AND they are numbered on the reverse - thank you again~!!!!

Finest Moment and Atomic Refractors

img054.jpg

Finest Moment
Lesnar #ed to 288
Silva #ed to 188

Atomic Refractors - VERY COOL!
Die cut
D. Hardy
F. Edgar

UFC Unlocked

img059.jpg

I believe these are similar to the Topps Diamond cards... log on, enter code and see what is behind the curtain.

Refractor (Special)

img053.jpg

M. Omigawa #ed to 8

Fight/Game Used

img055.jpg

Dan Miller
Brian Stann

Fight Mat Relic

img056.jpg

Chuck Liddell

Autos

img057.jpg

Dominick Cruz #ed to 25
Brian Stann

Printing Plate - Auto - Redemption

img058.jpg

Rick Story

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

UFC Finest - This premium issue should be very good for the individual fighter collector. One will find several parallels to chase - Finest Moments, fight used, refractor, xfractor, - of their favorite fighter. The set collector will need several mini boxes - probably at the minimum of 5 to get enough to make the set. However, with this many mini boxes, one will have more than enough trade bait to complete the set.

One of the autos is on the card - excellent and it looks great. I also like the large piece of the mat that I received.

The UFC Unlocked card might prove to be better than the Topps Diamond cards - one can win several different prizes - fighter chips, cards, memorabilia, and UFC Event tix - pretty cool.

Overall grade A- the photography was not as sharp as it could have been, but the inserts more than made up for that!

Go buy several mini boxes and send the Atomic Refractors to me - these are really great!!

Duane

Looks like a fun set, thanks for the review Duane:)

Did you happen to get any cards of Jon "Bones" Jones in there?