Review 2011 Topps Marquee Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2011 Topps Marquee Baseball

4 mini boxes - 5 cards per mini box
An Autograph or Relic card in every mini box
&
An on-card Autograph in every master box.

I received the following:

12 unique base cards

img065.jpg

This premium card is printed on very heavy stock and has a high gloss finish on both front and reverse. The photos are full bleed (go all the way to the edge) and look very good. The reverse has career stats and a Marque Moment of the players' career. One will find current stars and stars from yesteryear - such as Mathewson, Jackson , McCovey, Mize, DiMaggio, and Ripken to name a few.

Inserts

img066.jpg

Gold, Bronze, & Blue

Blue #ed to 299
DiMaggio
Hamilton

Bronze #ed to 199
King Felix

Gold #ed to 99
Heyward

Game Time Momentos

Jared Weaver #ed to 125

img068.jpg

Johnny Mize - Game used bat - #ed to 99

Autos

img067.jpg

Jeff Francis
Jeremy Jeffress #ed to 500

Marquee is a good looking issue. One will need to purchase quite a number of master boxes to get enough cards for a base set. The player collector will have a good time chasing the various parallels. I have seen many of the parallels of the several players I collect on the 'bay.

The Francis auto I received is on the card and looks great! I really like the Johnny Mize bat piece... it's the largest game used bat piece I have ever pulled. I would like to see the numbering of each of the inserts placed on the reverse and not the front of the card.

The quad jersey of Weaver is well done and considering the Angels jerseys, I can understand why all 4 pieces are white!

Overall grade A issue looks great!

Go buy several master boxes and send the Rays and Rays parallels to me!

Duane

So far I have able to bust one mini box of this stuff...I did pull a Garvey Auto/Patch though...and no Rays...

If the Bronze Felix is FT plmk...Thanks! Rob