Review Topps Triple Threads - 2011 - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps Triple Threads - 2011 - M L B

1 Master box w/ 2 Mini boxes - 7 cards per mini box
"Every mini-box contains an Auto'd Relic and a Relic Card - one of which is a Triple Relic."

I received the following:

6 base - #ed to 1500
Wright
Buckholz
McCovey
Morneau
Ruth
Crawford

img083.jpg

Triple Threads is a premium issue that is printed on very heavy stock with a matte finish and silver foil on the front. The reverse has personal stats, pro stats for 2010 and career stats, and a Triple Take. The numbering of the cards is easy to see and the individual numbering of the cards to just 1500 is excellent ( still believe that the numbering should be on the reverse!)

Inserts

img084.jpg

Gold - 3x
Pedroia
Pujols
Jackson

Green - 1x
Cobb

Triple Relic

Arod / Jeter / Cano
#ed to 36

img085.jpg

Relic / Auto'd Relic

img086.jpg

Prado #ed to 50
Heyward #ed to 18

Redemption

Relic Sepia Parallel

Tommy Hanson

img087.jpg

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Triple Threads - excellent issue for nearly anyone who collects... the set builder, the player collector, the auto collector, the HOF collector, and even the rookie collector. There are lots of parallels, autos, and 1/1 cards to chase. The base set, numbered to just 1500, would be a cool set to complete and the chase might be fun. If one wanted to buy boxes to complete the set, ya better have deep pockets - only 6 base cards of the 150 base received in the 2 mini boxes.

I am not a fan of the redemption card - I do believe that Topps should just put the autos that are available at the time of publishing, in the boxes. Too many times the redemptions have not been available.

This particular box seemed to be a Braves box - Hanson, Prado, and Heyward as 3 of the big inserts.

Overall grade A+ excellent issue!!

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays and Josh Hamilton to me!!

Duane

Hi there,

Was curious if u were interested in selling/trading this one:
Arod / Jeter / Cano
#ed to 36

LMK thanks,
Adam

that is an awesome break..I love the Yankees triple,If you have time could you post a pick of the ruth one

Shouldn't that soften the grade just a little bit?

I am not a fan of the redemption card - I do believe that Topps should just put the autos that are available at the time of publishing, in the boxes. Too many times the redemptions have not been available.

Overall grade A+ excellent issue!!

The Garvey issues are killing me. Some unexpected competition from at least 3 semi-dormant competitors and some ridiculously low numbered mega cards. Not to mention Marquee was still showing up with new hits...

Garvey has 2 versions that I am aware of, 74 MVP and 10X AS. Each card has at least 2 1/1 (wood and whale), and as far as I know, each also has versions numbered to 3, 9, 18, 27 & 36!

Then, he is featured with Snider, Koufax, Ethier, Kershaw and Kemp.

These are just GU book-types so far, but I have seen 2 different 1/1s, and then these are also numbered to 3, 9, 18, 27 and 36!

GAH! 21 CARDS NUMBERED TO 36 OR LESS (MOST AUTOGRAPHS), ALL VERY HIGH END. IT'S NOT QUITE 2005 ALL OVER, BUT...

Shouldn't that soften the grade just a little bit?

The Garvey issues are killing me. Some unexpected competition from at least 3 semi-dormant competitors and some ridiculously low numbered mega cards. Not to mention Marquee was still showing up with new hits...

Garvey has 2 versions that I am aware of, 74 MVP and 10X AS. Each card has at least 2 1/1 (wood and whale), and as far as I know, each also has versions numbered to 3, 9, 18, 27 & 36!

Then, he is featured with Snider, Koufax, Ethier, Kershaw and Kemp.

These are just GU book-types so far, but I have seen 2 different 1/1s, and then these are also numbered to 3, 9, 18, 27 and 36!

GAH! 21 CARDS NUMBERED TO 36 OR LESS (MOST AUTOGRAPHS), ALL VERY HIGH END. IT'S NOT QUITE 2005 ALL OVER, BUT...

Dang, that's brutal. How many of them are hitting ebay so far?

I have seen all of the Book cards w/ Koufax and most of the Garvey cards. I have not seen the #'d/27 version of either Garvey yet, but I believe the rest have shown up, including 6 1/1s across the entire group!

HI Duane....well you know I would love the Pujols....although I might be in the minority right now :D, sigh, I wanted him to stay a Cardinal...but oh well.

Please let me send you a surprise as well....if the Pujols is available...
Great reviews and scans as always...
Diane