2010-2011 In The Game Canadiana

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2010-2011 In The Game Canadiana

Per Box Items:
2 four card packs
each pack contains three base cards and an autograph or relic card
1 mystery pack with either an autograph or relic card

In the Game Sell Sheet

The base set cards are a little thicker than standard sized cards. The card fronts have either a color or black and white file (non-action) shot of the subject. Bordered in white on the top and sides, the subject's name and profession are centered on the bottom. The base cards are red (ruby) on the bottom. The parallels include blue (sapphire) and black (onyx) versions. The card backs are photo-less. There is a fair amount of information about the subject on the card-stock white backs. Both sides of the cards are glossy.

What I pulled:
9 unique cards, no duplicates
4 base set cards, 4/100 - 4% of the base set
2 blue (sapphire) parallel cards
1 autograph
1 Mega Memorabilia swatch
1 Dual Memorabilia card

Base card front and back:
scan0002-1.jpg

The Parallels:
scan0003-2.jpg

The Hits:
Jacques Villeneuve auto
Larissa Gomes Mega Memorabilia
Mario Lemieux and Elvis Stojko dual memorabilia
scan0004-3.jpg

Known more for their hockey products, the Canadian based "In the Game" branches out with 2010-2011 Canadiana. The 100 card base set celebrates one of Canada's greatest natural resources, talent. There are two parallel versions to chase. Both the autograph and cut-autographs are a 'who's who' from Canada. Collectors will find everything form actors and athletes to politicians and business leaders in this set. The cards are simple and well designed. There are a lot of posed or file photographs. I would have like to have seen some more action shots, especially of the athletes.

The Bottom Line:
I give 2011 In The Game 2010-2011 Canadiana a shop around rating. Do not take this wrong, Canadiana is a good product, base set collectors are better off picking up singles elsewhere though. If you are looking for hits, especially of some non-traditional subjects, give 2010-2011 ITG Canadiana a shot!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 1/5
Big-hit Hunter: 4/5
Prospector Hunter: NA
Overall Design: 4/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 4/5
Overall Quality: 5/5

Overall: 27/35 (77% = C)

In The Game sent me this box to review for Baseball Digest. I am also offering these cards to members of The Bench for a SASE.

Thanks to In The Game for making this review possible!

Tal