2010 Topps Marquee MLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2010 Topps Marquee MLB

Per Box Items:
4 mini-boxes per master box
5 cards (one pack) per mini box
1 autograph or relic card per min-box

Topps Sell Sheet

The base set cards are a little thicker than standard sized cards. The fronts feature full-color action shots. The border-less cards have the set and player name centered on the bottom. The card backs are photo-less. The backs do have a border or frame graphic on them. The backs feature basic biographical information, moderate career highlights, and career statistics. Both the front and back are highly glossy.

What I Pulled:
19 unique cards, no duplicates
12 base set cards, 12/10 = 12% of the base set
4 serially numbered parallel cards
1 autograph
2 memorabilia cards
1 redemption card

Base Card Front and Back:
scan0005-3.jpg

The Parallels:
Phillips and Upton #/199
Sandberg and Mize #/299
scan0006-3.jpg

The Hits:
Ogando Auto #/570
Heath Bell quad relic #/199
O'neill Titanic Threads #/75
Buddy Bell dual relic auto redemption
scan0007-2.jpg

The first thing I noticed was the sharp, and I mean awesome shot selection and quality. Some of the photographs have a high-definition look to them. It was also nice to see new photographs of players, not just recycled shots that Topps has been guilty of re-using over and over. The auto is on card. The quad swatch is super thick and the Titanic Swatch is sweet. The 'star-power' of the subjects for the hits is a little less than I have seen from some other boxes, however the biggest drawback of the set is the redemption. I have said it before and I will say it again, Topps, no one in the collecting world likes redemption cards. Even for a 'mid-range price point' product, no one wants to wait for months to get all of the cards they should have gotten in the box.

The Bottom Line:
Guaranteed hits, cool card designs, parallels to chase and outstanding quality and photography are all pros. Base set collectors will need to pick up singles elsewhere.

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 1/5
Big-hit Hunter: 4/5
Prospector Hunter: NA
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 5/5
Overall Quality: 5/5

Overall: 29/35 (83% = B)

Topps sent me this box to review for Baseball Digest. I am also offering base and parallel cards to members of The Bench for a SASE.

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Thanks

Sounds great !! Thanks for the review ! Sounds like something I'll try !! For the Hits , Or maybe the Tigers , If any !!! If you have any verlanders or Tigers ,Id like one of those !! Let me know and I'll send a SASE. Thanks , Regardless !! :) :) :) :)

The price of the boxes were a little steep so I bought a bunch of singles (GU and autos) and all of the Gehrig cards not #ed 1/1. Nice product overall indeed with some amazing patches!

Dewayne

These are great, too!! Thanks for the review and awesome gesture by Topps.

Would love the Sandberg for my sister...she still loves HIM...lmk via pm..

Thanks,
Diane

Hey Tal, just curious, what boxes have gotten an "A" grade in the past?

Usually racing cards from Press Pass and sometimes football from Topps. The biggest thing holding back a lot of my "grades" is the "base set collect-ability." I am thinking about changing my grading structure for 2012 products but I do not know what or how yet.

Tal

Usually racing cards from Press Pass and sometimes football from Topps. The biggest thing holding back a lot of my "grades" is the "base set collect-ability." I am thinking about changing my grading structure for 2012 products but I do not know what or how yet.

Tal

Yeah, I can see Topps football getting an A. Thanks for the info!