2011 Topps Triple Threads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2011 Topps Triple Threads

Per Box Items:
2 min-boxes (packs) per box
7 cards per pack
1 autograph card per pack

Topps Sell Sheet

The base set cards are thicker than standard sized cards. Bordered in red, the base set cards have a color action shot of the player. The set logo, player name, team name and serial numbering all appear on the center of the card bottom. The card backs are photo-less. The matte backs list basic biographical information and career statistics. There is also a moderate write-up of the player's career highlights.

What I Pulled:
14 unique cards
6 red base cards #/1500
1 emerald parallel #/249
3 beige parallels #/99
2 serial numbered relic cards
2 serial numbered autographed relic cards

Base Card Front and Back:
red #/1500 Longoria, Johnson, Ichiro, Robinson, Maris, Hornsby
scan0011-2.jpg

Parallels: (not all scanned)
emerald #/249 Pujols
beige #/99 Fielder, Santana, Gehrig
scan0012-2.jpg

The Hits:
Scherzer auto/relic #/75
Ellsbury relic #/36
Gonzalez auto/relic #/50
Ichiro relic #/36
scan0013-2.jpg

Ahh, Topps Triple Threads. That name just stirs up all kinds of images of amazing, once-in-a-lifetime pulls. The 2011 version is value added now with an autograph in every mini-box. The card design and quality is always top-notch. I love the mix of retired and current stars. The hits as always are sick, amazing, mojo filled or whatever you can use to describe them. The autographs are sticker autos, but are med to fit the card. The card wrapper inside each min-box was loose and allowed for the cards to move around inside. This could cause some dings and chips of the corners and edges of the cards. The star power caliber of the players for the hits night not be as good as some other cards coming out of 2011 Topps Triple Threads. Remember though, for every winning lottery ticket, there are a bunch of losing ones.

The Bottom Line:
Not for the set builders, but completing the base set is really not why you buy Topps Triple threads is it? Go buy a box and trade your Rickey Henderson cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: NA
Big-hit Hunter: 4/5
Prospector Hunter: 3/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 3/5
Re-buy: 5/5
Overall Quality: 4/5

Overall: 29/35 (83% = B)

Topps sent me this box to review for Baseball Digest. I am also offering base and parallel cards to members of The Bench for a SASE.

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Last edited:
Hey Tal...............I did, just not real familiar with the product.................Didn't know if you're scans were available.................If so, I'd be interested.....................Thanks.................Mike

Tal,
I just added this to trade manager:

2011 Topps Triple Threads Gold (biege) #4 Lou Gehrig (xx/99)

I'll send you a SASE once you confirm!

Great review by the way, good thing you didn't pay for the box as was kinda lacking in any super-big hits.

THANKS!!!!!

Tal,

Is the Ichiro available? I can send you something for it. My son saw that and really liked it (he's 6!)

Nice thorough review, thanks!
I'll take any base or parallels that are left (if any) for an sase. Please shoot me a PM and/or post up a deal, thanks again