2011 Topps Finest MLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2011 Topps Finest MLB

Per Box Items:
2 mini-boxes
6 packs per mini-box
5 cards per pack
1 RC auto of dual relic RC auto per mini-box

Topps Sell Sheet

The Standard sized cards feature a color action shot of the player. The picture is super-imposed over a washed out background that fades form solid chrome bottom to a "sun-burst" effect at the top of the card. Framed in red with a stripe of the team's primary color at the bottom, only the set logo, player name, and team name adorn the front. The card backs are photo-less. Trimmed with the team's primary color, the card backs offer moderate biographical information, moderate career highlights and career statistics.

What I pulled:
60 unique cards
52/100 base set cards = 52% of the base set
6 serial numbered refractors
1 autograph
1 dual relic autograph

Base card front and back:
scan0019-2.jpg

The Inserts:
Green Refractor #/199 Barney
X-Factor #/299 Ortix, Beachy
Refractor #/549 Hernandez, Strasburg, Beachy
scan0020-1.jpg

The Hits:
Eric Sogard Gold Refractor RC autograph #/75
Freddie Freeman dual relic autograph Refractor #/499
scan0021-1.jpg

I love Topps Finest products. I always have and always will. I love the designs, the refractors and inserts. Any year, any sport, I will find myself gravitating toward a box of Finest over titles. One autograph is a sticker and the other is on card. The high gloss fronts will take finger prints and smudges very easily and all of the cards have the "chrome curl," even in the individual packs some of the cards were warping. Some of the corners and edges were flaking and peeling, especially on the badly curled cards. For every collector though, I find that we all have that one special set that we always like and will always buy. Topps Finest products are that product for me!

The Bottom Line:
I give 2011 Topps Finest MLB a buy rating. Plan on two master boxes (four mini-boxes) for a chance at the complete set. Several tiers of cards to chase will be fun. There are lots of RCs for the prospectors. Go buy a master box and trade your Tigers cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 3/5
Big-hit Hunter: 3/5
Prospector Hunter: 5/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 4/5
Overall Quality: 3/5

Overall: 32/40 (80% = B)

Topps sent me this box to review for Baseball Digest. I am also offering base and insert cards to members of The Bench for a SASE.

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Tim -
I'll send an SASE for the Beachy's and any other Braves cards.

Appreciate the reviews and generosity.

Thanks again!

Tal, any Zach Brittons?
Very nice Freeman, I hope he start signing his Topps Tribute Redemptions soon, I pulled one and have yet to see it getting passed Processed since late May.

Tim,
I can use 2011 Finest #98 Mike Moustakas and 2011 Finest #63 Eric Hosmer... please lmk and I'll set it up in Trade Manager.

and my thoughts on the product.... will only be going after Royals team needs on sportlots.com or ebay ---- I'm not excited enough about the design to bust any boxes. The base card design is kinda plain and the backs of the cards don't have the "this day in history" or trivia questions like past releases.

Last edited:
Tim -
I'll send an SASE for the Beachy's and any other Braves cards.

Appreciate the reviews and generosity.

Thanks again!

6 total Braves cards for a SASE

Tal, any Zach Brittons?
Very nice Freeman, I hope he start signing his Topps Tribute Redemptions soon, I pulled one and have yet to see it getting passed Processed since late May.

Sorry, no.

Great review!

Pull any Michael Pineda or Danny Espinosa?

Espinosa for a SASE

Hi Tal,

Would love to send you a SASE for the Strasburg. LMK.

Thanks,
Adam

Sorry, already claimed via PM

Tim,
I can use 2011 Finest #98 Mike Moustakas and 2011 Finest #63 Eric Hosmer... please lmk and I'll set it up in Trade Manager.

and my thoughts on the product.... will only be going after Royals team needs on sportlots.com or ebay ---- I'm not excited enough about the design to bust any boxes. The base card design is kinda plain and the backs of the cards don't have the "this day in history" or trivia questions like past releases.

Hosmer for a SASE

Tal

I hate being late to the party with all the Braves gone in one fell swoop. :(

With that said, thanks for the great review! The pics and content always help with my purchasing product on a budget.

Thanks,
Mike

I hate being late to the party with all the Braves gone in one fell swoop. :(

With that said, thanks for the great review! The pics and content always help with my purchasing product on a budget.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike -
PM your address and I'll share when they get here. :)

Howdy,

Any Texas Rangers? Can I send a SASE for them if you do have any?

Thank you for the great review and time you put into this analysis...Very informative!