2011 Topps Platinum NFL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2011 Topps Platinum NFL

Per Box Items:
20 packs per box
5 cards per pack
2 RC autograph refractors per box
1 autograph refractor patch relic per box

Topps sell sheet

The standard sized base cards feature a color action shot of the player superimposed on a silver background. Bordered on the top and bottom, the base card fronts have a refractor-like sheen to them. The set name, player name, position and team logo adorn the card fronts. The card backs are photo-less. With just a hint of team color, the card backs offer brief biographical information, and last season and career statistics. Most of the card back is used for "Going Platinum" career highlights.

What I pulled:
97 unique cards - no duplicates
69 base set cards 69/150 = 46% of the base set
19 gold parallel (veterans, non serial numbered)
2 green parallels (veterans, non-serial numbered)
1 red parallel (veteran, non serial numbered)
1 green parallel RC #/499
1 purple parallel RC #/99
1 die-cut
2 autographs #/99, & #/1000
1 autograph patch #/125

Base card front and back:
scan0022.jpg

The Inserts: (not all scanned)
Vincent Jackson red
Marques Colston Green
Vincent Brown #/499
JJ Watt Purple #/99
Arian Foster Die-cut
scan0023.jpg

The Hits:
Leonard Hankerson Autograph #/99
Vincent Brown Autograph #/1000
Edmond Gates patch autograph #/125
scan0024.jpg

2011 Topps Platinum NFL is a solid and entertaining rip. The card design is awesome and I like almost as much as Finest. All of the base cards have a refractor-like finish to them. The Gold parallels are much thicker then the regular cards. I thought all of the RC cards were a parallels at first. All of the RC cards have a different background effect. Some look like x-factor design and others look like a "billet" style. I do not know if both background styles are available for all RCs. I found several of the edges were prone to chipping. The patch autograph is a sticker while the other two are on-card.

The Bottom Line:
I give 2011 Topps Platinum NFL a buy rating. You will need two boxes and some trading to complete the base set. The cards are really sharp looking and Platinum is loaded with RC. Buy a box and trade your Tebow cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 2/5
Big-hit Hunter: 3/5
Prospector Hunter: 5/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 5/5
Overall Quality: 4/5

Overall: 33/40 (83% = B)

Topps sent me this box to review for Baseball Digest. I am also offering base and insert cards to members of The Bench for a SASE.

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Another great review!! Thank you!

Can I get all the SD Chargers cards? Please let me know where to send SASE if they are still available.

Thanks again,

Tal - Nice break and review.

If you happened to pull any Eagles, I would like to put in a request for them:
80 Vick
93 Maclin
113 McCoy
144 D. Jackson

Thanks.