Review 2011 Bowman Chrome - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2011 Bowman Chrome - M L B

18 packs - 4 cards per pack
One Auto'd card in every box!

I received the following:

22 base cards (10%) of the base set of 220
35 Bowman Chrome Prospects (33% of the 110 set)

img088.jpg
img089.jpg

Bowman Chrome is the chrome version of the original Bowman issued earlier this year -- DUH!!! It looks even better in chrome - the black cards really do look good. The design is the same as the previous issue and the numbering is continued beginning with BCP111 thru BCP 220 for the prospects.

Inserts

Refractors ( I think!!)

img090.jpg

I believe we are reverting to '93 when we had to hold the card just right to see the 'rainbow' effect on the card. There is no 'refractor' designation on the card that I have been able to find. If someone else can find it.... by all means PLEASE tell me.

I believe I received 4 refractors...

Retro and Bowman's Best

Retro - Gordon and Rizzo
Bowman's Best - Castellanos, Allie

Blue Refractor

img093.jpg
Brett Anderson #ed to 150

Die Cut

img094.jpg

Regular Die Cut
Sano, Ranuado, Jackson

#ed Die Cut to 99
Sanchez

Auto

img097.jpg
Starling Marte

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am a Bowman collector and apologist. I really like Bowman products. having said that, I don't understand the 'non-refractor' designation this go around. Maybe it was an oversight, but for many folks, they won't be able to tell one from another.

I really like the die cut cards. The make the issue special. This 25 card subset is cool and there are regular, refractors, atomic refractors, and #ed to 99 (don't know if they are canary or gold refractors). The atomic refractors have a background of small 'o's'... They also look especially good. AND the numbering of the cards is on the reverse - where it should be!!:)

The auto's are on card - blue Sharpee... excellent!! :D

As we all know, the prospect cards are just that, prospects... hopefully, one day several of these guys will make it to the bigs, and we can say we have his first card, and now we can pay for our children's first year of college.... yeah, right. Maybe just maybe, we'll end up with one or more of these being really great players in the future.

Overall grade A-

Go buy several boxes and send the die cuts and all of the parallel die cuts to me!!

Duane

Ahhh! That's what I've been waiting for.
Did you happen to get any Rangers for me in the box?
I have some dup die-cuts.

Ahhh! That's what I've been waiting for.
Did you happen to get any Rangers for me in the box?
I have some dup die-cuts.

Believe it or not... I only have one Ranger - BCP 153 Velaquez (and that's includes all of the boxes that I have ripped - about 4+) He is yours if you want and or need it.

Duane

Is the Pirates auto for trade/sale? Would love to add it to my collection!

Also check the small number on the back. The base chrome and the refractor might have different numbers... the numbers should be like 10 digits or something next to the trademark information

Also check the small number on the back. The base chrome and the refractor might have different numbers... the numbers should be like 10 digits or something next to the trademark information

I checked the numbers... they are the same on both the refractor and base. Good try though... I had not thought of that.

Duane

Believe it or not... I only have one Ranger - BCP 153 Velaquez (and that's includes all of the boxes that I have ripped - about 4+) He is yours if you want and or need it.

Duane

I believe you. I did just short of 4 boxes and got 4 Rangers. 2 of them are Velazquez, so I'll have to pass. I would ask for set needs but I'm still soooo far short that I may never get a list together.
Thanks anyway,
Al

I checked the numbers... they are the same on both the refractor and base. Good try though... I had not thought of that.

Duane

Yeah worth a shot. That's how some people were telling the "tint" parallalels apart in Heritage so I thought it was worth a shot!

My 10 year old can tell right away which are refractors... It drives me nuts as I stare @ them for what seems like forever and can't tell the difference!!

Love the reviews btw.

Thanks,
Adam