2011 Topps Chrome Football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2011 Topps Chrome Football​

Per Box Items:
24 packs per box
4 cards per pack
1 chrome RC autograph per box

Topps Sell Sheet

2011 Topps Chrome Football is very similar to the 2011 Topps base football set. The standard sized cards are bordered in silver/chrome and have a full color action shot of the player. Very similar to all 2011 Topps base set designs, the card fronts have a splash of the team color, team logo, and team name at the card bottom and the Topps Chrome logo in a top corner, all in the chrome finish. There are some horizontal player photos. The card backs are all horizontal in design and are photo-less. Outlined with team colors and featuring the team logo, the backs list moderate biographical information, moderate career highlights, and complete career statistics. The card backs are very glossy.

What I pulled:
96 unique cards, no duplicates
75 base set cards - 75/220 = 34% of the base set
8 refractors
9 inserts
3 serial numbered refractor parallels
1 autograph

Base card front and back:
scan0001-3.jpg

The Inserts: (not all scanned)
Refractors: Enderle, Carimi, Williams, Watt, Vereen, Brady, Cutler
Finest Freshman: Miller, Carter, Dareus
RC Recognition: Harper, Ridley
Bowman Chrome RC: Dalton, Williams
Superlative RC Harper
Blue refractor #/199 Smith
X-factor #/139 Wallace
Sepia refractor #/99 Cameron
scan0002-2.jpg

The Hit:
DeMarco Murry auto
scan0003-3.jpg

The annual chrome treatment of Topps' base sets are always popular releases. 2011 Topps Chrome NFL is sure to scratch the chrome itch. Similar to the regular base set, the shot selection is good and many of the cards seem to be really sharp and high in clarity. The refractors are always a popular chase and unlike the regular base set there are not too many inserts to water the box down. The autograph is on card and Topps seems to have corrected the quality control issues that was present in the regular NFL release where several cards were off-center. You can expect the usual "chrome curl." The only other thing that stood out was that a few of the cards photography seemed really dark and not as bright as some of the other shots.

The Bottom Line:
I give 2011 Topps Chrome NFL a buy rating. Plan on three boxes for a chance at the complete set. the refractors, parallels and inserts will be fun to chase. Buy a box and trade your Tim Tebow cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 2/5
Big-hit Hunter: 2/5
Prospector Hunter: 5/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 5/5
Overall Quality: 4/5

Overall: 32/40 (80% = B)

Topps sent me this box to review for Baseball Digest. I am also offering these cards to members of The Bench for a SASE.

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Last edited:
Nice break and review.

Didn't see any Eagles among the inserts, but if you pulled any base, would like to put in a request for them. Thanks.

Tim -
If the Dalton is still available, I'd like to request it.

Thanks for the review!