2011 Topps Chrome Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliasen

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
2011 Topps Chrome Baseball

Per box items:
24 packs per box
4 cards per pack
2 autographs per box

Topps Sell Sheet

2011 Topps Chrome Baseball is very similar to the 2011 Topps base baseball set. The standard sized cards are bordered in white and have a full color action shot of the player. Very similar to all 2011 Topps base set designs, the card fronts have a splash of the team color, team logo, and team name at the card bottom and the Topps Chrome logo in a top corner, all in the chrome finish. There are some horizontal player photos. The card backs are all horizontal in design and have a small cropped head shot of the player. Outlined with team colors the backs list moderate biographical information, moderate career highlights, and complete career statistics. The card backs are very glossy.

What I pulled:
96 unique cards, no duplicates
74 base set cards 74/220 = 34% of the base set
8 refractors
4 vintage cards
4 Topps Chrome Heritage 1962 cards #/1962
1 Topps Chrome Heritage 1962 refractor #/562
1 red refractor #/25
1 sepia refractor #/99
1 X-factor #/225
2 autographs

Base card front and back:
scan0004-4.jpg

The inserts: (not all scanned)
Refractors: Hosmer, Pestano, Ogando, Wells, Posey, Conger, Ichiro, Sanchez
Topps Chrome 1962 Heritage #/1962: Price, Sogard, Tulowitzki, Gonzalez
Refractor #/562 Trumbo
Vintage Cards: Tulowtzki, Hamilton
X-Factor Colvin
Sepia refractor Figgins
Red refractor #/25 Bumgarner
scan0005-4.jpg

The Hits:
Carlos Peguero autograph
Brandon Belt autograph
scan0006-4.jpg

The annual chrome treatment of Topps' base sets are always popular releases. 2011 Topps Chrome MLB is sure to scratch the chrome itch. Similar to the regular base set, the shot selection is good and many of the cards seem to be really sharp and high in clarity. The refractors are always a popular chase and unlike the regular base set there are not too many inserts to water the box down. The autographs are on card and Topps seems to have corrected the quality control issues that was present in the regular MLB release where several cards were off-center. You can expect the usual "chrome curl."

The Bottom Line:
I give 2011 Topps Chrome MLB a buy rating. Plan on three boxes for a chance at the complete set. the refractors, parallels and inserts will be fun to chase. Buy a box and trade your Tigers cards to me!

The Final Score:
Final Ratings (Out of 5):
Base set collect-ability: 2/5
Big-hit Hunter: 2/5
Prospector Hunter: 5/5
Overall Design: 5/5
Fun: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Re-buy: 5/5
Overall Quality: 4/5

Overall: 32/40 (80% = B)

Topps sent me this box to review for Baseball Digest. I am also offering base and insert cards to members of The Bench for a SASE.

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!

Tal

Last edited:
Tal-

I would love to get the Belt or Bumgardner for my little cousin, but do not have the ability to send an SASE out her on deployment. Can I send you some Paypal for one (would prefer the Belt)?

Rich

Interested in any Carlos Gonzalez, Troy Tulowitzki, Todd Helton, or Jhoulys Chacin you pulled.

Great review!

If possible, would like to send you a SASE for these two:

Refractors: Ogando
Finest Freshman: Carter (from your Chrome football break)

~Greg

dibs on the 2011 Topps Chrome Refractors #170 Eric Hosmer!

I posted it up for a SASE

(by the way, you sent me a Topps Marquee Johnny Mize instead of a Triple Threads Gehrig last time --- not that I can complain too much since it only cost two stamps)

Last edited:
I'd take the Colvin, Ichiro and Hamilton for an SASE. Post it if we're good.

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Members online