2011 Topps Prime Football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tim815

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
So I did something kind of stupid today. I bought a box of Prime to open, despite not being specifically a football card fan. I'll get some Brady or Manning stuff at a garage sale sometimes, but I'm not much into opening football cards.

Why now? A few reasons. I'd like to get my 100/1000 in for my page on The Bench. I'd also like to see if I can manage to trade all or most of the box. I'd also like to find the traders here who I would like to deal with in the future on the NFL side.

I'm primarily an MLB HOF (present or future) collector, especially regardingvariations/serial numbered cards. But I doubt I'll get a HOF Diamond card for a Seahawks base card. I know.

I'm somewhat trying to put together some of the four guys that I've had on my keeper fantasy football team since they turned pro (Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, Jay Cutler, and Adrian Peterson), so if you have serial numbered/variations of one of them, that's cool too.

If everything else falls through, I'd consider HOF Inserts and the like, but I'd really prefer one of the variations, even if it's of a lesser player. Particularly for a base card. I do have some base (or low-end inserts) from garage sales of Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc. If you would make it worth a stamp, let me know and I'll post them in the morning.

One caveat before I start. I drafted Andy Dalton, Adriel Jeremiah Green, and DeMarco Murray for this season (we start 2 QBs and get to keep one rookie above our 6 man freeze limit), so I might be tempted to keep good stuff of theirs. For anything else, post below, or PM me an offer. MLB HOF>>>>the 7 guys on my team I'm collecting>>>>Generic Diamond cards and the like.

With no further ado...

Clay Mathews 60 Packers
Chris Johnson 40 Titans
Calvin Johnson 28 Lions
Rashard Mendenhall 11 Steelers
Jamaal Charles 71 Chiefs
Base Card Checklist
Jacquizz Rodgers 29 Falcons
Rahim Moore 51 Broncos

Felix Jones 123 Cowboys
Sidney Rice 133 Vikings
Ahmad Bradshaw 142 Giants
DeSean Jackson 85 Eagles
Miles Austin 79 Cowboys
Stevan Ridley 114 Patriots
Jeremy Kerley 127 Jets

Is this set not allowed any variations?

Marques Colston 107 Saints
LeSean McCoy 124 Eagles
Wes Welker 135 Patriots
Ed Reed 94 Ravens
Dwayne Harris 18 Cowboys
Colin Kaepernick47 49ers
Randall Cobb 55 Packers

Jonathan Stewart 13 Panthers
Jeremy Maclin 26 Eagles
Brandon Jacobs 48 Giants
Pierre Garcon 72 Colts
Dez Bryant 95 Cowboys
Shane Vereen 63 Patriots
Austin Pettis 34 Rams

What a horrible batch of nothing so far. A Megatron, a Dez, a Jacquizz, a Cobb, and nothing. Ugh.

Best 81 Lions
Wells 77 Cardinals
Hillis 66 Browns
Benson 39 Bengals
Gates 6 Chargers (Extra thick card stock, whatever that's about)
Hankerson 91 Redskins
V Green 119 Broncos

Peterson 20 Vikings
Lloyd 4 Broncos
Mathews 33 Chargers
S Jackson 41 Rams
Moss PV-SM Redskins (finally, a proper insert)
V Brown 143 Chargers
Locker 82 Titans

More like it, but I'd still rather open baseball

Mayo 99 Patriots
Starks 88 Packers
Ware 129 Cowboys
Davis 144 49ers
Carter PR-DC Colts
LeShoure 146 Lions
Thomas 117 Dolphins

Lynch 65 Seahawks
Crabtree 75 49ers
Moreno 92 Broncos
S Johnson 109 Bills
Salas 54 Rams
Rudolph 37 Vikings
Amukamara 15 Giants

That, ladies and gentlemen, was hideous. Nice looking cards, I guess. But the sameness channels the late 80' Score sets. If I hadn't already written this, 3/4 might go curbside on Thursday. I said it was stupid. Well, my community will enjoy the tax money.

Ouch...is that a blaster? Either way I can use the Starks and the Johnson.

pm's sent. No Cowboys fans today? I thought there were always Cowboys fans.

For the Charles from the set and the Emmitt Thomas HOF card in my current football listing, I'd take something in Brett Jackson, Starlin Castro, and or Shelby Miller. Let me know.