New Computer Problem; Looking for Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PogoCards

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I have been on The Bench since 2003 and have had no problem accessing The Bench from my home computer. About a week ago I found that I could no longer access the site from home. I can from work and other locations, but no longer from my home computer. I'm a little perplexed as to what's going on. I don't recall downloading new software recently. I used my system restore option and restored to a point about a month and a half ago and that did not change anything. For some reason, my contacts with the site are being blocked. I had another member send me a test PM last night and I did not even receive an email at home noting that I had received a PM. Curious to know if I would receive messages if someone is using the email option from this site. Anyway, if anyone has any ideas as to something that I can check, any help would be appreciated. I am betting that it is something simple, but I am not very "techy" so I have not been able to figure it out. Thanks guys...and gals.

Barry Urbanek - PogoCards

Barry, I am not a huge tech genius or anything, You may need to call your ISP at home and ask them about your DNS and problems with accessing the site, I know this has helped members in the recent past

Thanks for the help. I will give them a call this afternoon, if I don't get other advice that solves the problem. I am taking this afternoon off to work on this issue and to start my Thanksgiving holiday early. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Barry

Barry, I am not a huge tech genius or anything, You may need to call your ISP at home and ask them about your DNS and problems with accessing the site, I know this has helped members in the recent past

Barry...I am no tech wizard myself not sure if this will help

control panel/internet options/security/restricted sites/click on sites and see if thebenchtrading.com is listed

Not sure if this well help but its worth a shot

start/run/type in prefetch/click ok/new window opens (If using windows 7) click on organize/select all/hit delete on keyboard this removes all temp files

David

this has been such a common post that i have just coppied and past my origional post so you can see the fix. yes contact your ISP and ask for an Advanced tech. most first line call takers cant do any of the necessary help for you. but an advanced tech can. if your system is newer do the easiest thing and get remote assistance. tey will do it all for you from their system too. and no worries of system harm to you.

here is the info.\

you guys are describing the DNS error. i would suspect your dns is set to auto detect, and if you were to change it, ie hard code it to

"seems that to resolve the bad gateway or loss of connection to the bench its a DNS error and a simple flush of the dns will not always resolve this issue. after some extensive talks with a microsoft tech it seems that you may have a issue between the proxy server and the individua pc's and a way to fix it is to use the specifit 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 dns instead of auto detect dns. "

this works on the standard windos systems if your using a mac then contact your isp becasue i have no idea how or why them things work. and if you are not sure on where this is located at in your windows system please please contact your isp they can show you and even via remote assistance DO THE task for you.

http://www.thebenchtrading.com/thebe...d.php?t=338834

so far this fix has worked like a charm for me. try it and if your not confident doing it call your ISP and have them assist you in doing it.

dave

I tried several different things with no success. My ISP tech people were not able to help. I think that my IP address may have been being blocked by the site for some reason, but not certain. One of the mod team members, I'm guessing, was able to get me back on track.

Did The Tech person help? Best regards, David