2011 Randy Martin Bench Buddy of the Year voting is now live!

Who is your Randy Martin BBOTY winner?

• Yanks21

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • drpid

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • jflan702

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • hatesgoats

• dbarbos1

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • cjay101

• Slavlite

Votes: 22 22.7%
  • Scc76

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meliah

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Great crop of members this year up for the Randy Martin Bench Buddy of the Year Award! Thanks to all that took the time to send in a nomination for someone you felt was worthy. You can vote for one person who you think is deserving of this award. Even being nominated is something special:)

From mrmopar--
Yanks21

I am going to nominate Kevin. If you have traded with Kevin, you know working a deal is as easy as him having something you need and you having Yankees.

Kevin offers some great stuff, doesn't dwell on BV or anything like that and is al all around solid trader. He is an old school trader who works a deal for the sake of the deal. If you both feel it's fair, then it's done.

Kevin and I have been trading partners for a while now and he pretty much gets first crack at anything Yankee I come up with, even if I think I could get a better deal elsewhere. He has earned that right as far as I am concerned. That is the kind of trade partner you strive for and find only once in a great while.

From ArodYanksFan--
I would like to Nominate Stu (drpid) for the Bench Buddy of the Year. I spend a lot of time looking for my player collections and set needs, but it takes me so long to find them until I get a PM from Stu. The man can find anything! He finds the hard cards, the weird, and the plan odd ones! He isn't to picky about which cards he gets in return as long as I am happy. He keeps track of all ends of the trade on his website so that there isn't a dispute as to who owes what. The guy is just a great collector and helper on this site! If he doesn't win this then I just hope his name gets out there for everyone to see what he can do!

From Jack--
I would like to nominate John Flanagan(jflan702).
John bleeeds The Bench as he puts signs up at the BIG card shows in Massachusetts. He is a GREAT trader and always helps those of us in need of cards to finish sets. At the card show, John meets and greets any of our members who show up there.
He shows concern on how you are and helps to find what you are looking for to satisfy your needs.
John always has a smile and story on who has been there. John puts his threads on The Bench and always makes sure you get more than you ask for.
I am happy to nominate John Flanagan(jflan) for the
7th Annual Bench Buddy of The Year.
Jack

From redsguy--
I would like to nominate Cory, Cjay101, for the Bench Buddy of the Year Award. He has been the commissioner of the Bench Sim League for almost a year now, and has been put through many tough tasks. He puts in hours a week to make this league possible and I want to thank him. He has a very difficult job dealing with people and just the simulation itself so I think he really deserves this award.

From rotorob--
hatesgoats (Bill Organ)
I made a deal with him for the 1st time last spring. In every deal he has sent extras. He also keeps a lookout for Braves stuff and I get unexpected packages in the mail from time to time.

I never thought when I signed up for on-line trading, I would make real friendships, but Bill (and a few others) have pleasantly suprised me in that regard. I correspond with Bill on at least a weekly basis and sometimes cards don't even enter in the discussion. He has shown consistant caring, concern and his generosity to me and other traders. He is a credit to himself, The Bench and card collecters everywhere.

From robert326--
I would like to nominate Danny Barbosa (dbarbos1) for Bench Buddy of the Year. I believe this young man exhibits all the qualities that make The Bench the outstanding, caring community that it is. Danny is always happy to share of his autograph experiences (in-person and through-the-mail), congratulate others on their successes, and offer advice (or mailing addresses) to those who want to expand their autograph collection. His good cheer and enthusiasm are evident, and add to the positive energy on the site on a daily basis.

On a personal note, Danny wrote me some very timely words of comfort during what has been a very difficult year. I know that I am not the only person who has similarly been uplifted by Danny in a difficult moment. In trading, Danny is always courteous and prompt. Envelopes come from him with a nice hand-written note inside. Individually, these may be small gestures, but collectively, they exhibit all the positive traits that The Bench is well known for. To me, that is the definition of a true Bench Buddy. Danny is not just a fellow collector, he is a true friend.

From mm1sub--
I would like to nominate cjay101 (Cory) for the 2011 bench Buddy of the year. Cory is one of the many reasons why this is the best site on the web when it comes to sports cards and collecting. His work on the bench SIM league has been outstanding. The time and devotion it takes to do this is outstanding. along with being a moderator he has shown what it takes through his devotion to this site what it means to be a "Bench Buddy". I would like to personally thank Cory for all the sacrifices he has made in helping make the Bench the best site anywhere.

From Meliah--
Slavlite. Nick has now been here for 6 years and has a stellar record of 1249 trades and over 10,000 posts. He is easy to trade with and goes the extra step to get things done. One time I needed a card to make a deal work with another trader and he sent it to me knowing I would not be able to return the favor right away.
Nick has been a Mod for The Bench for many years now and has been in the GM spot for over a year. I realize alot of his work is behind the scenes but the tasks he has done have greatly helped the site and all its members, trust me on this. Nick has really impressed me with his work ethic, dedication and professionalism.
I consider Nick a friend of mine. Over the years of exchanging Christmas presents or trade goodies, talking on the phone or working on the Mod team, I feel I have gotten to know him a fair amount. A nicer man would be harder to find. So heres to you Nick and thank you for all you do around here!

From OriolesFan8--
I would like to nominate Scc76 for Bench Buddy of the Year.

Stanley is a very generous trader. He is always on the lookout for cards that I need, and sends them without any thought of receiving anything in return. He has done this numerous times throughout his stay on the site.

I think Stanley is a great example of the type of trader that The Bench as a trading community needs - solid, trustworthy, and generous.

Wow, a great list of really great traders. I have had the pleasure of trading with most of the nominees, and it is going to be tough to pick one. Good luck to all!

I am pretty new here but you better believe I will be looking these guys up for trades in the future. Thanks!

Matt and all the Mods
I want to thank you all for doing a great and remarkable job here on the Bench.It is the best trading site on the internet.

Now to all the nominees I want to congraduate you all for the great job you have done here on the Bench just to get nominated.
I wish you all could be elected as The Bench Buddy Of the Year.
Randy would of been proud of all you. Best luck to everyone
Chieftazmisty
past winner of this great award

Thanks Meliah for the hard work in hosting this years Randy Martin Bench Buddy of the Year award! The list of outstanding members gives hope for a bright future for The Bench in the coming years!! Best regards, David

One thing I forgot to mention is that the winner this year gets a $50 gift certificate from their choice of Charm city, Blowout cards or Dave & Adams Card World. This gift is donated by the most generous member of The Bench, and previous BBOTY Award winner, David K.:)

Definitely a great group of traders. Tough to vote for just one. Good luck and congratulations to all nominees!

Only 4 voting days left! Would love to see us set a record number of people voting for this special honor:)

All these great nominees and less than 100 of over 9600 members have bothered to vote. That is a horrible percentage. One more day to vote, click the thread, than click your favorite nominee...

Super close this year, winner is Nick/Slavlite! Congrats to Nick as the honor is well deserved.

Congrats to all who were nominated as well, each of you are special members and I'm happy to see you recognized by your peers.

Wow, what a close ballot. I wish more would have participated, but Nick truly deserves this award. There were so many great candidates this year it was tough for sure. Randy would have been very proud of this years award and everyone who was nominated. Congrats to Nick. Pat

Congrats
To NIck and all the other nominees. It was a very close race .you all deserve to win but like they say there can oly be one winner
Randy would of been proud of this years race and winer.
Nick welcome to the club.
Chieftazmisty