Review 2011 Topps Triple Threads N F L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2011 Topps Triple Threads N F L

1 Box - 2 miniboxes - 7 cards per mini box
Every display box contains a low #ed auto'd Triple Relic and a low #ed Triple Relic card.

I received the following in my display box:

6 unique base cards #ed to 999
Collie
Best
Roethlisberger
P.Manning
Stafford
M. Lewis

img128.jpg

The Triple Threads NFL is a premium issue printed on very thick stock. The front has a matte finish, action photo, and a full bleed print (no border.) The numbering of the card (to 999) is on the front of the card. The reverse is plain and black. It has personal stats and career pro stats along with a Triple Take - a synopsis of a highlight of the player's career.

Inserts

img129.jpg

Ryan #ed to 300
D. Bryant #ed to 300
Flacco #ed to 250
D. Bryant #ed to 99

These parallels are uniquely numbered. I have looked and studied the 2 Bryant's that I received.... I can discern no difference in the cards with the exception of the numbering. The picture is the same, the foil is the same, the colors around the name are the same. Maybe, and it may just be me, there should be something to distinguish the different levels - different color foil?

Relics/Autos

img130.jpg

The Blaine and Blaine Show...

Blaine Gabbert 9/9
Blaine Gabbert 25/27 - Triple Relic

img131.jpg

Triple Relic - Auto
Kyle Rudolph - 97/99

img132.jpg

Relic - Auto
Leonard Hankerson - 26/50

This premium issue is well made and is excellent for the player collector. One will have a number of parallels of each card to chase along with relics and autos of their favorite player. The set collector might have a small hill to climb to assemble this set - unless one has pretty deep pockets.

The autos are sticker and not embedded.... I really prefer an embedded sticker - at least these are straight and the card seems to be designed for the sticker.

The relic cards are much thicker than the already thick base cards. The Triple Relic both look great and are sharp looking cards.

Overall grade A-- please differentiate the parallels....

Go buy several boxes and send the Tebow cards to me!!

Duane

I like the nice, crisp pictures. Any chance in getting the Peyton Manning card from you?

Thanks for the review,
John