Review UFC Moment of Truth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
UFC Moment of Truth

16 packs - 10 cards per pack
1 Autograph Relic, Dual Relic, or Dual Autograph per box.

I received the following:

100 unique base cards and 17 UFC Debut cards

img133.jpg

Check out the Pettis card... one of the absolute coolest shots of any sport I have ever seen! Looks like all he is hitting is hair!!!

This issue - Moment of Truth - is a cross between art cards and photography. I have mixed feelings about the mixture. One part of me likes the art portion and the other part of me wants a sharp digital action shot... you will need to make up your own mind on this one. The action shots are excellent - one can tell the photographer was nearly in the ring with the fighters. The reverse of the card gives stats of the fighter and a Moment of Truth in his/her fighting career.

The Debut cards have a red addition to the reverse of the card that denotes when the debut fight occurred.

Inserts

Gold, Black, Red Parallels

img135.jpg

I received 14 Gold, 1 Black and 1 Red parallel.

The Black (#ed to 88) and Red (#ed to 8) are numbered...

Fight Cards

img134.jpg

Foil insert - 3 received...

UFC Unlocked

img136.jpg

3 Silver
1 Black
This is a Facebook promo. One can only unlock the codes via Facebook... and as one Topps person told me, he and I are the only ones on the face of the earth not on Facebook....

Course Collision // Showdown Shots

img137.jpg

3 Collision cards
8 base Showdown cards -- pretty cool - two guys nose to nose staring at each other!

img139.jpg

One Red Showdown - #ed to just 8.

Heavy Hitters // Grappling Gurus

img138.jpg

1 Hitter
2 Gurus

Relics // Auto

img140.jpg

Mark Munoz - Fight worn gear
Lesnar/Mir - Dual Fight worn gear

img141.jpg

Josh Koscheck

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

UFC Moment of Truth - a strong issue for the set builder. One receives 117 cards of the base set. ( I am guessing that the set is about 200 - no check list is included in the box/set) One should only have to buy 2-3 boxes to complete a base set.

The gold parallel set is a build-able possibility - the red and black set might be a little difficult - especially the red set - only 8 of each!!

The fight worn gear cards are well done and the auto is a sticker auto. The card is designed for a sticker.

Overall grade A- the UFC is a hot product.

Go buy several boxes and send the red parallels to me!

Duane

Seems like a nice box with solid GU and auto there.

Did you get any Jon "Bones" Jones cards in there by chance?