New linked ads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
Bench Founder
I wanted to make our members aware of something that I turned on recently. You might notice that after creating a thread or replying to a thread that somehow a link was created in place of a word you used.

No need to worry, nobody edited your post. It's the software running in the background that created them. I'm sure you have seen this on other sites/blogs. We are testing it to see if it can help pay the bills around here :)

If you hoover over the link you will see that is states link added by VigLink. These will show up for places like ebay.com and amazon.com, when clicked they do not go to the users ebay page but instead I believe it goes to that sites main page or the search page.

Thanks,
Peter

No need to worry, nobody edited your post. It's the software running in the background that created them. I'm sure you have seen this on other sites/blogs. We are testing it to see if it can help pay the bills around here :)

I'm getting used to the links and don't mind them. Does The Bench benefit financially from simply having the links? Or do members need to click on them to help drive traffic to the sites?

Thanks,

Frank

Any financial benefit comes from any sale that results from clicking on a link. It doesn't have to be the linked product, it will "track" you during your visit and account for any purchase you might make.

Thanks,
Peter

makes one wonder if this isnt part of the recent rash of system issues other people are seeing, if the error they have is due to the adds and part of that error is a key logging error, then one has to wonder where the tie in is, if the error exists and these adds are infact keystroking followers that visit the adds then..... i can go on but i think ya get the point.

dave

Peter, when I try to go to a trader's web page I just get a blank screen. If I copy and paste the link onto the browser I go to the page I'm looking for. I wouldn't mind it but it doesn't do anything. Butch

Last edited: