Review Topps American Pie - 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps American Pie - 2011

8 cards per pack -- 24 packs
3 Memorabilia cards per box

I received the following:

159 unique base cards - no duplications!! YEAH!!!

img154.jpg

American Pie is an issue with a great deal of nostalgia involved, from Abbott and Costello to Steve Jobs.... and nearly everything in-between. The cards are a mixture of black and white and some color. They are printed on thin stock and should be easily damaged if handled too much.

The front of the card features the decade and the feature - whether a person or a thing - i.e. the ATM in the 60's or the Iwo Jima statue in the 50's.

The reverse tells the story of the picture.

Inserts

img156.jpg

Color refractors and xfractor?

The xfractor is #ed to 76
Seinfield Premiers in 1980

I received 5 color refractors including the Abbott and Costello.

img155.jpg

Fads & Fashions - 6
Hirsute History - 4
Glossy - 1

img157.jpg

Hollywood Walk of Fame - 8
Retro - Fabian

Memorabilia

img158.jpg

Susan Lucci
Vincent Pastore

Relic/Auto

img159.jpg

Butch Patrick

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

American Pie is a fun issue for nearly anyone. The younger collectors can see and touch some history and the geezers among us can relive our past. As mentioned earlier, the cards are somewhat fragile and should not be handled in excess. One should be able to make a complete set with as few as 2 boxes and have a number of extras to trade for the needed set fillers.

The set is arranged in chronological order from the 40's to the 2000's. The base set is composed of 200 cards - of which I received 159 - or 79.5% of the base set... pretty good.

I really like the color refractors. The pictures seem to 'pop' off of the card. The auto is a sticker - blue Sharpee.

Overall grade A-- maybe print on a little better stock...

Go buy several boxes and send the refractors to me!

Duane

My wife might have interest on cards if I gave her the susan lucci.opening a blaster of this later let me see what refractors I get
Thanks
Henry

Duane, I only pulled 2 refractors- Catcher in the Rye and World Wide Web Launched. The GU was the same guy from Sopranos. Could I add a few Longoria base?
My wife might have interest on cards if I gave her the susan lucci.opening a blaster of this later let me see what refractors I get
Thanks
Henry

Well, your write-up made the set look pretty cool! Some of it made me sad that my college-aged students would think it's all ancient history. I do wonder why the Butch Patrick auto had to be on a sticker.

Now I am somewhat interested in picking up a blaster! I like that there is a Catcher in the Rye card!

Still need these base:

71 Pantyhose Invented
87 Jeopardy
90 The Beatles Play Shea
103 Sesame Street
113 World Trade Center Opens
125 The Muppet Show
128 Atari 2600 Releases
138 Pac-Man
141 MTV
148 We Are The World
151 Live Aid