Feedback for the Bench

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MetDude

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
"Where trading gets done!"

Ive come to realize just how true this statement is.
As a member of several other boards, it seems like the Bench has alot more COLLECTORS here who try to help one another as opposed to folks who look for opportunities to take advantage of other collectors.
(example I have these 100 cards worth 1 dollar each you need, got any pujols autos for me ?)

I'd also like to thank the MOD team, for
A) the general level of civility of the boards in general.
B) the effort put into keeping a scammer list, banning them, and the effort of preventing such people from returning.

There's probably more,
but just wanted to thank you,
if only so you know your efforts are appreciated :cool:

Happy Trading!

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback:)

I think The Bench has the best group of traders and collectors around, very family like in many aspects. Great group of Mods I work with as well that put in a lot of time to keep things safe and running smoothly.

As a member of several other boards, it seems like the Bench has alot more COLLECTORS here who try to help one another as opposed to folks who look for opportunities to take advantage of other collectors.
(example I have these 100 cards worth 1 dollar each you need, got any pujols autos for me ?)

AMEN!

Dealing with these types that populate other boards, the "hustlers" and "prospectors" out for $$$, really wore me out on trading, so I was so happy to find a place full of real collectors. Of course there's a few people like that even here (they know who they are) but most of them don't get too butthurt when I explain I don't want to trade that autograph for a bunch of $2 cards. Honestly I'm more likely to trade a $20 card for a bunch of cheap cards when I know it's going to a collector who needs it and not just some guy looking to put one over on me.

Rant over!
Richard

Hi,
I really like the Bench too, it is the 2nd site I have joined and I certainly feel more comraderie here in just a couple weeks than on my other site. Anyway, the only feedback I have so far is that I am finding it hard to complete trades because I don't have enough time to spend on an individual prospect...this is requiring a lot of time and I am used to sending a message and maybe not coming back for 24 hours...by then, at least on the Bench, the prospect is usually gone or changed. It makes me curious about who the Bench community is, i.e. retired persons, teenagers, etc.--probably all of the above!

Thanks for this forum!

Hi,
I am finding it hard to complete trades because I don't have enough time to spend on an individual prospect...this is requiring a lot of time and I am used to sending a message and maybe not coming back for 24 hours...by then, at least on the Bench, the prospect is usually gone or changed. It makes me curious about who the Bench community is, i.e. retired persons, teenagers, etc...

I think I understand where you are coming from. Trading here can be a big investment of time. I think that is because the members here take it serious, not in terms of personal gain, but trading in general. With a wife and child I've found myself being much more focused in my trading. By this I mean, working on a trade list or want list for a few days or weeks before posting it and trying to prepare in advance. Versus posting a thread, "I need all of player X" and not listing any cards for trade. I get fewer responses but I get BETTER responses. Making detailed threads and posts are the key for someone without alot of time. Also if you communicate to people that it may take a day or two to get back most of the time members are fine with that.

Just make sure you get back to them either way. The most frustrating thing is when people let a thread "expire" to avoid dealing with you. I can be told the trade is not going to happen, don't worry about my feelings!

I'm not sure if this speaks to your issue or not. But I hope you continue to trade here and someday we can work out a deal!

Frank

Thanks for the note Brewerfan34, your tip is well received and I actually learned it the hard way many years ago when I started online trading. I'm actually quite organized on my end but it doesn't solve all the back and forth it takes looking at buckets, WLs, 3rd party sites...not to mention having the other trader doing the same for me. It's no biggie because I have no ambition to have a certain amount of points, I will be focusing on my rating.

Have to agree with the poster on this one! Having computer problems and having to pay to use Kinko computer was not fun time. Best regards, David

I agree. Great site!! I'm very appreciative that I'm allowed to be a part of this site!!!! Thanks to all those who continue to put forth the effort allowing it to remain possible!!!

Pete