Review 2012 Topps Baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2012 Topps Baseball

36 packs - 10 cards per pack
1 Autograph or 1 Relic card per box!!

Base Cards

img183.jpg

I received 282 unique base cards - 85.4% of the 330 card set :D Very Good!!

The Topps regular set again this year is clean and crisp. The front is glossy with a very sharp photo of the player - I really like the photography - digital has made the photos nearly jump off of the card. The design from the front is carried to the reverse. The reverse has stats - for some minor and major league and others just major league. In addition to playing stats, there is short write up of a bit of his history in the league.

Inserts

Gold Sparkle (replaces the gold parallel)
9 unique cards
img184.jpg

Only one criticism - some of the names are hard to read - gold on gold is kind of hard to see...

Gold Standard / Timeless Talents

img185.jpg

Gold Standard - 6
Timeless Talents - 6

Golden Greats / Golden Futures

Golden Greats - 9
Golden Futures - 6

img186.jpg

Golden Moments / Classic Walk-Offs

Golden Moments - 9
Classic Walk-offs - 4

img187.jpg

Home Run Legends

img188.jpg

Mini's

9 Different mini's
img189.jpg

Short Print

#470 Howie Kendrick

img190.jpg

Relic

Jhoulys Chacin
img191.jpg

This is the classic Topps baseball set - Series 1. Most of us collect the entire set and some of us go for the master set with all of the insert sets included. The gold sparkle set might prove to be a bit of a challenge, but I believe that there are a number of collectors out there that will be up to the challenge.

I did not receive a blue or red parallel - these may be just in the retail boxes... not sure. Rather pleased to pull a SP - Howie Kendrick #470 - don't quite understand why the larger #'s were included as SP's in this set. Will there still be a #470 in Series 2? Guess we will just have to wait and see.

One of the coolest inserts that I received in a jumbo box that I ripped is a ring top of Ryan. I really do like these inserts - very well done.

Overall grade A+ excellent base set

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays parallels to me!!

Duane

Nice review:)

I could use those Mays inserts you pulled for my PC, anything off my trade page you would like in return for them?

Duane-

If you are trading any of the cards, I would be interested in base and variations of these three:

2012 Topps 114 Matt Garza
2012 Topps 136 Casey McGehee
2012 Topps 201 Doug Fister

Still trying to bang out these minis. Need:

TM-2 Mike Stanton
TM-8 Ian Kinsler
TM-15 Robinson Cano
TM-19 Lance Berkman
TM-24 Dan Uggla
TM-32 Tommy Hanson
TM-33 Adrian Gonzalez
TM-37 CC Sabathia

Hey Hd Wassup Bud Long Time Since I Posted In This Forum But I Have A Question For You

Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get A List Of The Sp Cards And What It Is That Makes Them Sp So I Can Check Al The Ones I Have

Thanks For The Read Bud
Steve

Last edited:
Hey Hd Wassup Bud Long Time Since I Posted In This Forum But I Have A Question For You

Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get A List Of The Sp Cards And What It Is That Makes Them Sp So I Can Check Al The Ones I Have

Thanks For The Read Bud
Steve

I don't know where to get the list of SP's. I usually look on the 'bay and search '2012 Topps SP' - to determine what is and what isn't an SP.

Duane

Devil rays

I know I pulled the Golden greats bat relic BJ UPton. and will check for others. Arer you intreested in this card.