Newbie needs grading advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarinerShark

BANNED
5.00 star(s)
BANNED
Hello all, I am a casual collector and started collecting about 2 years ago. I just recently got my first big hit, an autographed 2012-13 Black Diamond Bobby Orr card. I will probably trade this card because I know a lot of people would like to have a Bobby Orr auto card, and it does not have any special significance for me. My question is, should I get it graded before I attempt to trade it? Would getting it graded raise the return I could expect to get in a future trade- enough to justify the time and expense in getting it graded? What do you all think?

I would recommend NOT grading it unless you were wanting to keep it. Unless it comes out a perfect score (if you're on BGS, a Gem Mint 10) you're pretty much just wasting money getting a modern autograph graded.

If you're looking to trade it, I would trade it in the raw condition you pulled it in.

I would recommend NOT grading it unless you were wanting to keep it. Unless it comes out a perfect score (if you're on BGS, a Gem Mint 10) you're pretty much just wasting money getting a modern autograph graded.

If you're looking to trade it, I would trade it in the raw condition you pulled it in.
Thanks very much for the advice, nice of you to take the time to help.

Usually a few good scans will solve most questions about condition these days,and low numbering can help greatly when tracking a card .

Nice pull too,!
I know some who would love to have that card, !!

Clint