Review 2012 Topps Tribute M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2012 Topps Tribute M L B

6 - 5 card packs per box
1 Auto'd Card or Relic Card #ed to 99 or less in every pack!

I received the following:

18 unique base cards

img214.jpg

This premium issue is extreme high gloss and highly reflective - subject to finger prints and smudges. Tribute is printed on very stiff and thick stock - guaranteed to take the spokes out of most bicycles! The front is a singular action shot of a player and the reverse lists several highlights of the players career.

One note - when collating the cards 5's and 3's are very similar.

Inserts

img215.jpg

Blue parallel #ed to 199
Pettitte
Bautista
Green parallel #ed to 75
Utley
Musial

img216.jpg

Black parallel #ed to 60
Ripken, Jr.
Gold Parallel #ed to 50
Posey

Encased Cards

img217.jpg

Dual jsy #ed to 99
Tulowitski
Jersey #ed to 99
Kennedy

img218.jpg

Blue Parallel #ed to 50
Dual Jersey
Nelson Cruz

Autos

img219.jpg

Brandon Belt #ed to 99
Brandon Beachy #ed to 99
(rather odd to have 2 Brandons and both have the last name begin with B)

img220.jpg

Luis Aparicio #ed to 50

Tribute is a high end product - packs sell in the Orlando area for at least $50 ea. with boxes going for around $280-$300. Having said that, this particular box did not have any real low numbered cards - 1/1, 1/5, or printing plate - but still is a solid box that most of us would be fine with receiving.

Tribute is a great issue for the player collector - that person who wants the ultimate 'rainbow' of a player. There are lots of parallels to chase and lots of players to choose from (unless you are an Astro fan - no Astro cards - I wonder why? Having seen them in Spring Training, they will be very fortunate to win 50 games....)

I really like the encased cards. They look fantastic and are very well preserved.

I still have an issue - and I guess I am just going to have to live with it.... the numbers on the front of the card... Why not put it on the reverse?

Overall grade A very good high end product - just a little pricey for the common collector.

Go buy several boxes (mortgage your house) and send me all of the Rays parallels....

Duane

Thanks for another box break review. These cards are awesome up close and personal.
I'm very interested in the Cal Ripken parallel for a friend of mine, and the Stan Musial Parallel for my collection.
Can I trade something of mine for those?
Thank You for the review Duane,
Zach

If you got a Starlin Castro or Giancarlo Dont call me Mike Stanton base I would be interested in trading for them if available
thanks for the review
the old goat