Review 2012 Gypsy Queen M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2012 Gypsy Queen M L B

24 packs / 10 cards per pack
2 Autos and 2 Relic cards per box!
1 Mini box - 10 cards

I received the following:
188 unique cards... I don't know which ones are SP's... Sorry.

img233.jpg

This issue - Gypsy Queen - is an artistic issue. The cards are printed on a manilla colored card with a matte finish on the front. The reverse has no stats - and a short blip of a highlight of the player's career.

One thing I do like is the inclusion of the historical greats of the game - Ruth, Mantle, Schmidt, etc... I think this is one thing that makes the game of baseball even better - the greats are remembered and revered - folks can quote their stats - pretty cool!

img235.jpg

I know that one of these is the SP and one is the base... (No you may not have these 2 cards!)

Thanks to Larry....

I have received 6 SP's
40 Ichiro
135 Kershaw
210 J. Upton
229 - Cobb
230 - Longoria
296- Seaver

Inserts

Full Size...
Moonshots, Sliding Stars, Glove Stories
img236.jpg

Moonshots - 8x
Sliding Stars - 8x
Glove Stories - 4x

Minis
Moonshots, Sliding Stars, Glove Stories - 1 ea.
img241.jpg

Black/Green Mini
img239.jpg

Mini Parallels

img239.jpg

Reg back - 19x
Straight Cut - 4x
Queen back - 4x
img240.jpg

Bronze/Sepia Parallel mini #ed to 99
img242.jpg

Michael Young

Blue Framed #ed to 599

img237.jpg

Joe Dimaggio

Gypsy Kings

The Cruel, A.
img238.jpg

Relics

img243.jpg

David Price
Andrew McCutchen

Autos - ON CARD!!!!!

img244.jpg

Jon Jay
J. P. Arencibia

Blue Sharpee - on the card - YES!! They look fantastic!

I would like to first say THANK YOU TOPPS! for putting the numbers on the reverse of the cards! I don't know if my input caused this, but it is appreciated by me.

This is a good issue for the set builder. I am somewhat perplexed at the SP's. I do wish that Topps would come out with a list of SP's at the same time the boxes come out. It would make life and collecting much easier. The base set is 300 cards and there are SP's (don't know how many!)

The mini base and mini inserts are an interesting collecting task. One gets a good number of the minis in the box, but there are at least 3 different backs and at least 4 different fronts - WOW - for the master set builder, this could be one heck of a hill to climb. But for the player collector, it's a good exercise in chasing the parallels.

Overall grade A-- not a big fan of the artsy cards....

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays relics, autos and parallels to me!!

Duane

Last edited:
Duane,

As I was scrolling down your post I was wondering what kind of Pirates you pulled, then saw the McCutchen relic and started drooling. What can I get you for that and any other Pirates you pulled? Have a couple Rays laying around if you have a list of what you might be looking for.