Building a 100% Rusty Kuntz collection...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCPomeroy

Bench Warmer
I am almost half-way there (13 of 27, 48.1% complete).

He has a funny name and I hope to soon own and frame one of each of the 27 cards his statistics has been fortunate enough to be documented through. Anyone have one or more? I could send a SASE with Beckett price offered (please see below, negotiable) for any card available. I would love the help guys!

Be Bright!

1978 Knoxville Knox Sox TCMA #10 Rusty Kuntz N/A
1982 Edmonton Trappers TCMA #20 Rusty Kuntz N/A
1982 Topps Blackless #237 Rusty Kuntz $5.00
1984 Fleer Update #66 Rusty Kuntz $1.00
1984 Nestle 792 #598 Rusty Kuntz $0.25
1984 Tigers Detroit News #15 Rusty Kuntz $2.00
1984 Tigers Team Issue #21 Rusty Kuntz $0.50
1984 Tigers Wave Postcards #24 Rusty Kuntz $0.50
1984 Topps Traded #66T Rusty Kuntz $0.40
1985 Donruss #516 Rusty Kuntz $0.15
1985 Nashville Sounds Team Issue #8 Rusty Kuntz N/A
1985 Tigers Wendy's/ Coke #13 Rusty Kuntz $0.10
1990 Mariners Mother's #27 Mariners Coaches/ Rusty Kuntz/ Gene Clines/ Bill P $0.25
2003 Pirates Outback #12 Rusty Kuntz CO $0.50

Why would you say that? It wouldn't be the first time someone chased a player for something other than their skills.

Knox Sox, Mariners Mothers and Pirates Outback, this is post #1, and
1978-03 is a long baseball lifetime for someone not well known.

So I take it you are not familiar with Rusty Kuntz or those card issues? This is a real player and those are real cards. The guy hit the majors in the early-mid 80s. The 70s cards are minor league issues and the later cards are from his coaching days. Not a stretch by any means.

Last edited:
So I take it you are not familiar with Rusty Kuntz or those card issues? This is a real player and those are real cards. The guy hit the majors in the early-mid 80s. The 70s cards are minor league issues and the later cards are from his coaching days. Not a stretch by any means.

yup.....and i know for a fact there was another kuntz collector both here and on the old beckett forums....somewhere around here i still have a small stack i'd pulled aside for him about 4 or 5 years ago before we lost contact.....

I think I've heard of the name and maybe have seen it on a card. Not familiar with those cards.

Rusty Kuntz is no joke!

Yes, I really am trying to build a RK collection. He was a great player and, I'm assuming, a great coach. Life experiences can speak volumes.

I really desire one of each of his collectible cards (27 total).

I am not necessarily a "fan" of Rusty Kuntz, or the Detroit Tigers if that matters? Instead, I wish to support those who are thought to be "down". My agenda towards collecting is much more philosophical.

I heard a funny joke the other day... "A tornado touched down in Detroit, it put out a few fires."

Seriously though, I am still looking for Rusty Kuntz cards.

Be very Bright, everyday (just trying is O.K.)!

No Joke (Cont.)

Also,...

In the fifth and deciding game of the 1984 World Series against the San Diego Padres, Mr. Kuntz pinch-hit for designated hitter Johnny Grubb with the bases loaded and the score tied at three. Kuntz hit a pop-up to short right field that Hall-of-Famer Tony Gwynn was unable to see ("I lost the ball in the sky", he later admitted). Second baseman Alan Wiggins made the catch, but was unable to prevent Kirk Gibson from racing home from third with the go-ahead run. The Tigers never trailed after that, giving Kuntz an unlikely game-winning RBI.

Stay Shining!

comc has a 1989 (but not 1990) mariners coaches #27 for $0.50...but it's cost about $3 to ship it

have a friend that has these, he thinks. will let ya know for sure. probobly just need a sase for them
1984 Fleer Update #66 Rusty Kuntz $1.00
1984 Topps Traded #66T Rusty Kuntz $0.40
1985 Donruss #516 Rusty Kuntz $0.15

john

Last edited: