Review 2012 U S Olympic Team

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2012 U S Olympic Team

24 packs / 8 cards per pack
'Including at least 1 US Olympic Team Autograph, 1 Relic, and 1 Commemorative Relic card per box!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb0x8cAflUI

I received the following:

100 unique base cards - complete set !!:D :D plus 28 duplicates.

img245.jpg

The cards are printed on light weight stock and have a glossy finish on the front and a matte finish on the reverse. The 'pictures' are artistic and the photos take on a red, white and blue theme - imagine that USA Olympic cards - red, white and blue.... The reverse has birth date, hometown, and where the athlete currently resides along with a brief history of the athlete.

Inserts

Bronze, Silver, Gold parallels

img248.jpg

23 Bronze
12 Silver
8 Gold

Olympic Highlights
Olympic Sports

Olympic Highlights - 3
Olympic Sports - 6

img246.jpg

Opening Ceremony
Olympic Venues

Opening Ceremony - 1
Olympic Venues - 2

img247.jpg

Commemorative Patch

img249.jpg

Dana Vollmer - Swimming

Relic

img250.jpg

Aly Raisman - gymnastics

Autos

img251.jpg

Brendan Hanson - Swimming
Mariel Zagunis - Fencing - Bronze - #ed to 25

This issue is a very good issue for nearly anyone - the set collector, the master set builder, the player collector, and even the youngest among us. One will receive a good cross section of the athletes and the specialties of each for this summer's Olympic Games in London. You will be able to watch the games with a little bit of knowledge about the participants and the sport.

I appreciate the fact that I received a complete base set in this box. AND the cards are numbered on the reverse!!! THANK YOU!! :D :D :D

The autos and I did receive 2 - pretty cool that the box says 'at least' on it - are both sticker autos - but the cards are designed for the stickers.

The commemorative patch is well done. It is a manufactured patch - I did not receive a pin in this box, but the commemorative pins are much the same as the pins in Topps Baseball Series 1 - 2012.

Side note - If anyone receives Brittany Viola cards - I want to trade for them. She is the daughter of a friend of mine - Frank Viola ( he and I coached our sons for a couple of years in baseball.) I have the base, the bronze and the pin - coming from the 'bay. I still need the silver, gold, and commemorative patch.

Overall grade A- I prefer HD photos...

Go buy several boxes and send the Brittany Viola cards to me!!

Let the 'gimmie's' begin....

Duane

Last edited:
Duane-

Would you be willing to trade the base set? If so, how much BV would you need for it? I can make a special page on my site listing all the cards I have of the players you collect if you do decide to trade it.

Very good review Duane:) Looks like a fun product, I almost never break anything but baseball but might give this one a try.

Thanks for the review, Duane....

Be on the lookout for something coming your way hopefully on Monday :D

I like that fencing card....well only because I love fencing LOL...
They are nice cards.
Diane

Duane-

Would you be willing to trade the base set? If so, how much BV would you need for it? I can make a special page on my site listing all the cards I have of the players you collect if you do decide to trade it.

Most of the sets on the 'bay are going for $10-$20 (one feller is asking $199.99!!! - rather high ) I haven't decided whether or not to sell/trade it. If I do, you will be the first I contact.

Duane

Thanks for the review, Duane....

Be on the lookout for something coming your way hopefully on Monday :D

I like that fencing card....well only because I love fencing LOL...
They are nice cards.
Diane

Thanks Diane.... I took fencing in college about 100 yrs. ago... I greatly enjoyed it.

Duane

Nice. I just bought a hobby box. Got some dups. I am into archery. I could use the Brady Ellison if you are interested in trading. PLMk.

I have a Brittany Viola, the same insert as your Brady Ellison.
Will trade for your 2008 Beijing card if you need this Viola ?

LMK