Review Topps Archives - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps Archives - M L B

24 packs / 8 cards per pack
2 Fan Favorites Autos per box!

I received the following:

164 unique base cards - no duplicates!!:D
4 designs for the base set
img286.jpg

img287.jpg

Topps Archives is a glimpse of the rich history of Topps and baseball cards. This issue combines current players and many of the giants of MLB history - Ruth, Mays, Mantle, etc.... Each card has the complete pro/MLB stats of the player and for the sport that prides itself on history and stats - that's pretty cool. The front of the card is glossy and the reverse is matte finish.

The base cards are grouped in 50's -- for those struggling with math... 1-50 is one design, 51-100, 101 - 150, and 151-200 - each as a different design. This is much better than scattering the different designs throughout the set.

Short Prints

img288.jpg

One only receives 6 SP's per box. There are a total of 50 SP's. There are even some SSP's - super short prints - Harper is one of them. No, I did not get one of the SSP's.
I received Kingman, Howard, Joyner, M. Williams, Tiant, Kruk.

INSERTS

Deckle Edge / 3 D

img289.jpg

3 D
Mays, Kemp Sabathia
Deckle Edge
Mauer, Napoli

67 Sticker / Cloth sticker

img290.jpg

67 Sticker
Tulo, Ichiro, Sandoval

Cloth Sticker
Lee, Ellsbury, Braun, Castro

Gold Parallels // Archives Reprints

img291.jpg

Gold
Ackley, Pinenda
Archives Reprints
Murray, Feller, Berra, Clemente, Snider, Palmer

Fan Favorite Autos

img292.jpg

George Bell
Lance Parrish

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Topps Archives is an excellent issue for the set builder - IF you don't want all of the SP's. One can get the history of MLB via this issue. 2 boxes should provide you set of the base cards with enough for trading. I have about 100+ extras if some of you want to complete your sets.

The inserts - just about the right amount. I like the Deckle edge cards - and the 3-D cards -- both look great. If one did not know better, the Deckle edge cards look to be autographed in blue Sharpee - they are not, but they look like it! I also like the gold parallels... if one is going to complete a gold parallel set - wow - what a hill to climb for that set!

Now for the best part - the autos are on the card in blue Sharpee and they look fantastic!!! Thank you, that's the way it should be done.

Overall grade A- need a few more SP's in the box.

Go buy several boxes and send me the Rays gold parallels ( I already have the Longo parallel.)

Duane

Last edited:
Great review as always...I was wondering what these looked like!!

Happen to pull any Kalines?? Or other Tigers? I like that Parrish, too...lol.

Did you get my Price I finally found??
Thanks, Duane.
Diane

Great review as always...I was wondering what these looked like!!

Happen to pull any Kalines?? Or other Tigers? I like that Parrish, too...lol.

Did you get my Price I finally found??
Thanks, Duane.
Diane

I got the Price and THANK YOU!!

You may have any Kaline or Tiger that I pulled.

Duane