Best way to ship / package complete sets of 330+ cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrknicks

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I am curious as to what the best/secure and most cost effective way to package and ship complete sets of 330+ cards is. Are flat rate Priority mail boxes the way to go? What card and packaging supplies do you guys use - storage boxes, plastic boxes, or some other method? How do you ship this amount of cards? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Greg

For a 660 cards set I use a 660 count box and put some filler on both end to make it tight. I might use common cards to do that. Then I will mail the 660 count box in a flat rate priority box for $11.80 I think.

For a smaller set, there are some priority mail boxes that can be sent based on weight. I would still use a 330 count box inside of a larger box. I also put bubble wrap on the front and top of the row of cards.

for sets/lots of 100-250 basic cards (or approximately 2/3 that many for chrome or even fewer for thicker stock items) i go with small flat rate boxes (5.15 if you print your mailing label online) .....2-4 stacks of cards in team bags , stacked in piles of equal height and then sandwiched between 2 rigid pieces of cardboard cut to fit snugly in the box (that leaves a cushion on all 4 sides so in theory no dinged corners or edges)....

larger lots i would agree with anglonomics and always double box...a medium flat rate box runs 10.85 when paid online (a little more than a regular priority box needed for 330 cards but a definite bargain when shipping larger lots - even moreso when you consider the extra protection double-boxing offers).....

if you really don't want to double box , then you'd need to pack the box VERY TIGHTLY (i've done this and even added decoy cards on the back , front , tops , and bottom to try to offer SOME cushion) but no matter how well they are packed to avoid movement , all it takes is having the package dropped on one edge or corner to ruin everything.....personally i'd only take this route for very low-end items that i could replace for virtually no $$$$