Review 2012 Topps Pro Debut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2012 Topps Pro Debut

24 Packs // 8 cards per pack
2 Auto'd card and 2 Relic cards per box -- Hobby Exclusive

I received the following:

175 unique base cards - no duplicates :D :D - The set is 220 - I received 79.5% of the base set.
img306.jpg

In the vein of Topps regular base set, Pro Debut is an excellent 'little brother' to the big daddy. The cards are designed exactly as the regular base issue. They are printed on bight white stiff stock with a glossy finish on the front and a matte finish on the reverse. The reverse has a short synopsis of the talents of the player pictured. The reverse also has the player's personal stats, hometown, and who drafted him and in what position in the draft.

Inserts

All Stars
img307.jpg

M. Adams, Taillon, C. Kelly, Z. Wheeler, T. Thompson, S. Miller, C. Martinez, J. Paston

Gold Parallel

img308.jpg

Manny Banuelos #ed to 50

Game Used Relics

img309.jpg

Jurickson Profar
Aaron Hicks #ed to 50

Autographs

Alexi Amarista
Kes Carter

#######################

Pro Debut is an issue that should be purchased, collated, and stored for several years. Many of these players won't be in the 'show' for several years. For the folks that are fortunate enough to have a minor league team in their hometown/market, it is a must to get the players from your team. They would be great to get autographed by the minor league players while they are still in your town.

The gold parallel might prove to be one heck of a hill to climb for the set builder - only 50 of each card and only 1 per box! Good luck in chasing down all of those gold parallels!!

Pro Debut is also a good issue for the player/team collector - parallels, relics, and gold relics.

The autos are sticker autos - blue Sharpee - the cards are designed for the auto, but they are still stickers!

Overall grade A+ maybe add another gold or 2 to the boxes...

Go buy several boxes and send the minor league Rays to me!!

Duane

i have never seen these but i am lucky enough to have like 4 minor league teams that i can drive to and agree these would be great for autos where did you get these and can i buy them on the topps website if my hobby shop doesnt carry them?

i have never seen these but i am lucky enough to have like 4 minor league teams that i can drive to and agree these would be great for autos where did you get these and can i buy them on the topps website if my hobby shop doesnt carry them?

I don't know if they are available yet on the website. If your hobby shop buys directly from Topps, they should be able to get the cards.

At this writing, Pro Debut is not available on the Topps website.

Duane

Last edited:
Jeff and Danny -- help me out a bit... what are the names of the team(s) that you want cards from? The printing (of the team that drafted the player) on the reverse of the card is in mice-type and is hard to read.

Duane

If you pulled any of these I would be interested in trading for them!

Chase Davidson #19, Jonathan Singleton #73, Kyle Hallock #92, Telvin Nash #152, D'Andre Toney #169, Nicholas Tropeano #170, Jarred Cosart #198

I would be interested in any Cardinals base or inserts:
22 Oscar Taveras Quad Cities River Bandits
28 Shelby Miller Springfield Cardinals
63 Zack Cox Springfield Cardinals
91 Kyle Hald Johnson City Cardinals
93 Matthew Williams Johnson City Cardinals
120 Matt Adams Springfield Cardinals
130 Tyrell Jenkins Johnson City Cardinals
147 Carlos Martinez Palm Beach Cardinals
153 Gary Apelian Johnson City Cardinals
158 Jordan Swagerty Springfield Cardinals
163 Todd McInnis Batavia Muckdogs
167 Tyler Rahmatulla Johnson City Cardinals
182 Jeremy Patton Batavia Muckdog

All stars Matt Adams, Shelby Miller, Carlos Martinez

Ray

If you pulled any of these I would be interested in trading for them!

Chase Davidson #19, Jonathan Singleton #73, Kyle Hallock #92, Telvin Nash #152, D'Andre Toney #169, Nicholas Tropeano #170, Jarred Cosart #198

These are coming to you:
73-92-152-170-198

Duane

I would be interested in any Cardinals base or inserts:
22 Oscar Taveras Quad Cities River Bandits
28 Shelby Miller Springfield Cardinals
63 Zack Cox Springfield Cardinals
91 Kyle Hald Johnson City Cardinals
93 Matthew Williams Johnson City Cardinals
120 Matt Adams Springfield Cardinals
130 Tyrell Jenkins Johnson City Cardinals
147 Carlos Martinez Palm Beach Cardinals
153 Gary Apelian Johnson City Cardinals
158 Jordan Swagerty Springfield Cardinals
163 Todd McInnis Batavia Muckdogs
167 Tyler Rahmatulla Johnson City Cardinals
182 Jeremy Patton Batavia Muckdog

All stars Matt Adams, Shelby Miller, Carlos Martinez

Ray

Your may have these:

28-93-130-158-163 // All-Star S. Miller

Duane

Jeff and Danny -- help me out a bit... what are the names of the team(s) that you want cards from? The printing (of the team that drafted the player) on the reverse of the card is in mice-type and is hard to read.

Duane

Hey Duane, Sorry about that.
Here are some of the Twins Minor League teams:
Rochester Red Wings, New Britain Rock Cats, Fort Myers Miracle, Beloit Snappers, Elizabethton Twins.
Thanks so much!

Any Columbus Clippers, Akron Aeros, Lake County Captains, Mahonning valley scrappers, or carolina mud cats? willing to trade for them possibly or pay for shipping

Duane

Duane,

Not sure what teams are included but here are the Sox minor lg teams

Charlotte Knights (AAA)
Birmingham Barons (AA)
Winston-Salem Dash (A Adv.)
Kannapolis Intimidators (A)
Bristol White Sox (R)
DSL White Sox (R)
Great Falls Voyagers (R)

Jeff

Duane, you always give these products way too high of a grade.... this set kind of angers me because of the sheer crazy number of alternate photo varations there are for many of the cards. Also, I never like Topps' manufactured relic gimmicks (this set has hat logo cards). The All-Stars insert set design looks like a rejected insert set from Opening Day. Another gripe is, while I do like the inclusion of the serial numbered to #50 gold border parallels, how come this set doesn't have Gold Sparkle parallels like the main MLB sets? overall, I give the 2012 Pro Debut set a "D+"

on another note, did you pull a 2012 Topps Pro Debut #169 D'Andre Toney or the varation SPs of #215 Will Myers and #128 John Lamb?
if so, may I have them?

Last edited: