$7 a box BASKETBALL: 80s-90s...less than a penny each card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mightydon

MVP
5.00 star(s)
Hey everyone, I have a dilemma on my hands. I did some yard work for a guy and in return he was going to give me some boxes of cards his son no longer wanted. He knew I collected cards so I said sure, the work was not too difficult and I was doing it more as a favor. (Cutting up a tree that fell from a recent storm). Low and behold, I didn't know he was going to his basement and pull up box after box after box. I have baseball, football, and basketball.

To make a long story short, I inherited about 7, maybe more, monster boxes of basketball, football and baseball cards. Mostly 1987 - mid 90s after I fingered through them. Some look like sets. Some boxes are broken into teams. I just don't have the time or energy to go through them. This is more than what I bargained for.

Anyway, If I sell these at less than 1 cent each, an 800 ct box would be $7 + shipping. I can go a Flat Rate box if you want a a bunch and if its cheaper to ship that many cards.

So basically, less than a penny a card so I can clear these out of here. I probably cant put together a full 800 ct box of just one team of basketball.

Thanks for your help!
Don

Last edited:
how much would all 6 boxes be?

Its about 100 lbs of cards. Too heavy to ship through the USPS because their weight limit is 70lbs. I would have to split it up to 50lbs boxes in two shipments at about $70 shipping per shipment. Shipping alone will be $140+ through the USPS. Plus the cost of the cards at less than 1 cent each is $270. So USPS would be around $410 for everything.

If I go through UPS, can you accept a pallet to your house?