Need help identifying my rare 2004 Sweet Sigs CLEMENS Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnHenrysDad

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
First, thank you for taking the time to check out this thread.

I have the Roger Clemens Auto below. According to Beckett there are 3 varieties (Masterpiece, Platinum, & Red). As you can see from my scan I have one that has a Gold border. Is this the Masterpiece 1/1 auto? I know other cards from the same set have gold borders (My Johnny Damon shown) and are identified as Gold and I have a Varitek also from the set with the Platinum version (Black border).
So I'm stumped. Is there a Gold version that isn't listed or do I have the Masterpiece? Any definitive information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Eric

http://www.beckett.com/search/#term=clemens 2004 sweet sigs

2004 Fleer Sweet Sigs Autograph Masterpiece #RC Roger Clemens EXCH
2004 Fleer Sweet Sigs Autograph Platinum #RC Roger Clemens/22 EXCH
2004 Fleer Sweet Sigs Autograph Red #RC Roger Clemens/52 EXCH

Clemens w/ GOLD Border
clemensauto.jpg

Damon GOLD Border
DamonJAuto.jpg

Varitek PLATINUM Border
aavariteksweetsig26of33.jpg

Autographed Inserts:
60 Sweet Sigs - numbered
60 Sweet Sigs Gold - numbered to 30
60 Sweet Sigs Masterpiece - numbered to 1
60 Sweet Sigs Notations - numbered

Is there a serial number on the back? If it is the Gold, it should be numbered to 30. The gold is not listed on Beckett, but that does not necessarily mean it was not issued...If no serial number, it may be a Fleer Bankruptcy/vault piece.

Scott

Hi Scott -

Yes, the Clemens is numbered to 30 on the back, just like the Damon gold.
I guess I was putting to much faith in Beckett that they don't make mistakes but apparently they failed to list the Clemens Gold version.

-Eric

Hi Scott -

Yes, the Clemens is numbered to 30 on the back, just like the Damon gold.
I guess I was putting to much faith in Beckett that they don't make mistakes but apparently they failed to list the Clemens Gold version.

-Eric

Beckett is only as good as the lists that are sent by the manufacturer. I'm sure if you sent a scan of the front and back, it would be added to the set.....eventually....Whether or not it is "officially" added to the set, it it still a beautiful card and I am more than a little jealous of all three of those! I don't have any from that set.

Scott

Beckett is only as good as the lists that are sent by the manufacturer. I'm sure if you sent a scan of the front and back, it would be added to the set.....eventually....Whether or not it is "officially" added to the set, it it still a beautiful card and I am more than a little jealous of all three of those! I don't have any from that set.

Scott

Well Scott, you can add the Clemens to your collection. Mine's currently listed on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251112707578?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649