Review 2012 Topps Inception Football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2012 Topps Inception Football

One 'pack' - 7 cards

**There may be 'guarantee's' as to what is in the box, but on the one I received I could find no 'guarantee'**

I received the following:
2 Base cards

img323.jpg

Ryan Mathews // Benjarvis Green-Ellis

The base cards (an the others as well) are extremely thick. The art work is dark and the player doesn't really stand out on the card. These are more art cards than pictures of players. The name of the player is in silver foil and the base cards are not individually numbered - i.e. 113/525.... The reverse of the card has personal stats, last year's stats, and career stats along with "Career Inception' write up.

Inserts

img324.jpg

Carson Palmer #ed to 252
Hakeem Nicks #ed to 123

img325.jpg

Dwayne Allen

Ol' Dwayne doesn't know how to write, but he did put his 'auto' on the card in blue Sharpee -- Thank You VERY MUCH!!!!!

img326.jpg

Rueben Randle
Jumbo Patch Auto

Unlike ol' Dwayne, Rueben signed a sticker....the patch does look pretty sweet.

img327.jpg

Jumbo Relic
Coby Fleener #ed to 75

Inception Football - I am not sold on this issue. I have checked around here in Orlando and the 'packs' are going for approximately $100 each. One will either have to love football and not care about what was received - just really like football cards OR if one is buying for resale on the 'bay - you better hope you get real lucky.

If one likes art football cards, then this is the issue for you. The player collector will be chasing the various base and numbered parallels of their favorite player. The set builder - this person has one heck of a hill to climb - only 2 base cards per pack. But having said that, if one did put the set together, I have to believe that it would be one of an extremely few collated sets to exist.

I really like the auto on the card - it looks excellent - even if he can't write and the patch looks great as well.

Overall grade B - Topps Inception Football is just way too dark!

Go buy several packs and if you find a Tebow card - send it to me!

Duane

love ther reveiw but i wouldnt pay that much for no gurantee. its sweet palmer though i cant wait to see his ther raidfers cards and get ahold of one. lmk if your trading the palmer i would like it but my not have enough to get it