Review 2012 Topps Football

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
2012 Topps Football

36 packs // 10 cards per pack
'1 autograph or 1 relic card per box'

I received the following:

303 of 440 unique base cards with no duplicates!! YES!!!:D :D

img345.jpg

Topps NFL is loaded with rookies and the design is a clean design with silver foil surrounding the logo, foil name and some even have a gold foil emblem denoting 2011 All Pro. The front of the card is glossy and the reverse is matte. The reverse has complete pro stats, short write up on the player and personal stats as well. The numbering of the cards is easily read and found on the cards. If one wants rookies, this is the issue for you!

Inserts

Gold Parallel #ed to 2012
Prolific Playmakers

img346.jpg

Gold - 3x
Prolific Playmakers - 9x

Black Border #ed to 57
****** Cancer Pink #ed to 399

img347.jpg

Darren McFadden
Stevan Ridley

Paramount Pairs

img348.jpg

9x

Topps Game Time Giveaway 6x
Topps Kickoff - 1x

img349.jpg

GTG is a coded card that one will need to go to Topps.com to redeem. The Topps Kickoff is a pretty cool idea - one must take the card to their hobby store to redeem during a specific week. (One major downfall - if one does not have a hobby store with in reach - it could be problematic.)

Quarterbacks

img350.jpg

Rookie Reprints
P. Manning
E. Manning
B. Griese
T. Bradshaw
D. Brees
S. Jurgensen
J. Montana

Quarterback Immortals
J. Montana
T. Aikman
D. Marino
D. Fouts
J. Namath
J. Elway

Tall Mini's

img351.jpg

12x

Game Used Relic

img352.jpg

Maurice Jones-Drew
Prolific Playmakers Relic

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Topps does base sets very well (afterall they have been doing them for over 60 years!) This set is no exception. The NFL fan / collector should enjoy completing this issue. I don't know exactly how many rookie cards are included, but I did notice quite a few. I also like that the retired players are not part of the set (normally they are not part of the base set.)

The quarterback rookie reprints are cool. My favorite insert is the tall mini. Each one that I received is a head and shoulders shot - nice touch!

I also like the ****** Cancer Pink insert - WOW does it pop out at you! Great looking color and there is no doubt about it being an insert.

Overall grade A+

Go buy several boxes and send the Tebow cards to me!!

Duane

it was a very nice set bought a few i was lucky enough to get a peyton manning tall mini card when i got a pack the other day. LMK if you got a david decastro RC from steelers and want to trade or get rid of it

He is all yours Rich and maybe join me for a spring training game - Hou vs. Atl....

Duane

Be gald to. I was looking at it this past spring but again things did not work out. Only have 1 more year before I retire from a full time job. Then the spring of 2014 I will have more time.

Rich

Nice review. Agree with you, those pink cards look nice.

If you pulled any Eagles inserts, would like to put in a request for them.

Thanks.

Thanks for the review Duane. Love the clean design and the photography looks nice and crisp. LMK if these are available.

Rookie Reprints
B. Griese

Quarterback Immortals
D. Marino

and if you pulled any of these

59 68 95 134 149 226 242 265 276 338 435 438

Paramount Pairs
PP-GM Frank Gore - LaMar Miller
PP-MM Willis McGahee - Lamar Miller
PP-TG Ryan Tannehil - Cyrus Gray

-Brett

Last edited:
Hi Duane,
Nice review and I agree with most of what you said. Very nice design and I'm glad they didn't copy the baseball design like they have for a good chunk of the past decade.

In addition to the hot pink ****** cancer parallel there is also a camoflauge border that I'm assuming honors our armed forces. It's numbered to 399.

If there are any Cam Newton singles or Steelers you don't want, let me know!

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks for the review. I knew the Pink and Military Camo borders looked awesome but the black looks pretty sweet as well. I like the design better than the baseball this year.

Just wondering if you happened to have pulled an Andrew Luck. I'd like to tuck one away, in case he DOES become the next Peyton Manning.

Hi Duane,

Thanks for the review! I think this years set is one of my recent favorites. I especially like the 1965 "tallboys". I would sincerely appreciate any of these if they are still available:

#1 Aaron Rodgers

Rookie Reprints
P. Manning
T. Bradshaw
J. Montana

Quarterback Immortals
J. Montana
J. Namath
J. Elway

Thanks,
John