Review Topps Finest - M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps Finest - M L B

1 Master Box - 2 Mini boxes - 6 packs/5 cards per pack per mini box

'Look for 1 Auto or 1 auto jumbo relic per mini box'

I received the following:

45 unique base cards - no dupes!!

img337.jpg

Topps Finest is again a premium product. The cards are highly mirrored in their finish. The reverse has career stats, personal stats, and a write up called 'Finest 2011 Performance.' The front has a HD action shot and the 100 card base set is 'doable.' One will need only 3 master boxes to have enough for the base set and a good number remaining for trade.

Inserts

Refractor

img338.jpg

I received 4 refractors - each one is labeled 'refractor' on the reverse.

Xfractors/Green Parallel

img340.jpg

Xfractors - Konerko / Stanton
Green #ed to 199 - Parker

Orange/Gold Refractor

img341.jpg

Orange #ed to 99 - Ichiro
Gold #ed to 50 - Bauer

Game Changer

img339.jpg

Bautista

Finest Moments / Faces of the Franchise

img342.jpg

Finest Moments die cut

Jimenez
Gonzalez

Faces of the Franchise

Votto

I am a sucker for die cut cards - I really like them and like to pull them. Each of these are cut differently. There are autos on the Finest Moments - and I did not receive one of them -- dang it!

Autos/Relics

img343.jpg

Drew Smyly - #ed to 99

This auto is on the card - well done!!

img344.jpg

Chris Parmelee - Orange refractor #ed to 99

These are all sticker autos - or should I say all that I have seen on the 'bay have been stickers....

This is an excellent issue for the set builder and the player collector. One will have a number of parallels to chase along with autos, and the 1/1's - printing plates that are available to collect.

THANK YOU Topps - all of the numbering is on the reverse of the cards - excellent and well done. :D :D :D

Overall grade A

Go buy several master boxes - send the Rays to me - especially the parallels....

*** I also need cards # 92 and # 97 for the completion of my base set -- I will attempt to trade generously for these 2 cards!!***

Duane

Nice review Duane. Of course you get another Tigers auto I need for my PC.

I really like this years design, and these are some of the best photo's I've seen from Finest in a long time.

Those are suweeeet, especially the Parmelee! I assume Finest is hobby only and higher end where I'll not be able to afford even a pack? I'm sure they are worth the money anyways since it is such a popular product. Did you happen to pull #78 Mike Trout?

Curtis

Great review, Duane....as always and ty.

If the Smyly is available, I'd love it...but looks like Brad got to me first.

With that said....any Tigers base or parallels available?
Plmk....thanks,
Diane

Great review Duane. That Ichiro is sweet. I will try to find something for your if it is available.

Those are suweeeet, especially the Parmelee! I assume Finest is hobby only and higher end where I'll not be able to afford even a pack? I'm sure they are worth the money anyways since it is such a popular product. Did you happen to pull #78 Mike Trout?

Curtis

Trout is yours.

Duane

Duane,

Is there anything I can send your way for the following.

Xfractors/Green Parallel
Xfractors - Konerko / Stanton

Jeff