Review Topps Finest - N F L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps Finest - N F L

Master Box - 2 mini boxes - 5 packs per mini - 6 cards per pack

Each mini box contains 1 auto'd rookie patch card OR 1 auto'd jumbo relic card

I received the following:

46 unique base cards - 30.6% of the base set of 150

img353.jpg

This premium issue does not disappoint. The base cards are highly reflective and the photos are extremely sharp. In the distant past, the player usually featured on the card would have to be 'picked out' on the action photo. This is not a problem on these cards - only the player is featured - no field - nothing else - just player. The reverse of the card has personal stats along with 2011 stats and NFL career stats. There is a Finest 2011 Moment description - much the same as in year's past.

Inserts​

Refractors

img354.jpg

4 Reg Refractors
A. Johnson, F. Gore, M. Floyd, D. Allen
2 XFractors
C. Johnson, M. Ryan

Blue Refractor
#ed to 99
img359.jpg

T Y Hilton

Finest Moment

img355.jpg

D. Brees, C. Benson
Refractor
D. Martin

Finest Atomic Rookie
Die Cut (my favorite insert!!)

img356.jpg

B. Pierce, I. Pead

Autographs

img357.jpg

Joe Adams #ed to 1368 (Does anyone else other than me wonder why there are 1368? Why not 1400, 1300?)

img358.jpg

Jarius Wright #ed to 1353

3 color patch - sweet!!

Finest Football is a great issue for the player collector. One will have several parallels to chase - base, refractor, xfractor, blue refractor, 1/1, etc.... along with autos and other inserts. This premium issue does not have the chrome curl that has plagued some of the other chrome type cards. The set collector should not have too tough of a time collating the set - 3-4 master boxes should be enough to have very close to a set and enough inserts to trade for needed cards.

I like the notation on the reverse by the number of the card of 'refractor'. This makes it much easier for the inexperienced eye to discern the difference between the base and refractor parallel.

I still have a problem with the numbering of the inserts on the front of the card.... I believe that this detracts from the 'beauty' of the card.

Both autos received are stickers - but one of the two has the auto embedded in the card - excellent!! The patch on the Wright card is a sweet patch - 3 colors and it looks fantastic!!

Overall grade A

Go buy several master boxes and send all of the Tebow cards to me!!

Duane

As usual, a fine quality product from Topps. I could use any of these if they are available.

#1 Aaron Rodgers
#110 Andrew Luck
#120 Robert Griffin III
#140 Russell Wilson

Thanks for the review,
John

duane, any urlacher, hester or forte cards? i'd like to do what i can to add them to my pc's if you pulled any.

looks like a nice product!

thanx,
paul

Folks - due to circumstances beyond my control - I cannot access your addys.... please PM your addy along with the card(s) you requested and I will attempt to fill the requests. Sorry for the delay.

Duane