Review Topps Chrome M L B

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdjstuff

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Topps Chrome M L B

24 packs -- 4 cards per pack

2 Autographs per box!

I received the following:

78 unique base cards - 35% of the base set of 220 :) :)
img360.jpg

Topps Chrome is the parallel set of the base set (except smaller!!:cool: ) These cards are very glossy - thus this is why they are called 'CHROME'. This is a very good set for someone who wants to get started collecting higher end sets. One should be able to collate the base set with only 3 boxes. One will also get 6 autos and a good number other inserts.

Inserts

Refractors

img361.jpg

8 refractors
4 xfractors

Sepia and Die Cuts

img362.jpg

Cargo - Sepia
Kinsler - die cut

Blue/Gold Refractors

img363.jpg

Blue - Tom Milone
Gold - Ryan Howard

Autos

img364.jpg

Wily Peralta
Drew Hutchison #ed to 499

########################

The autos are on the card and they look better than fantastic!! This is the way they all should be done. Excellent!!:D :D

One will have a lot of parallels to chase in this issue - base, refractor, xfractor, sepia, blue, gold, red, and 1/1's. The blue, the gold, or even the sepia set might be a fun thing to attempt. I can guarantee that there will be very, very few complete sets of either the blue or gold refractors. Hey Topps - why not have a really cool prize for someone who collates the gold set??

Overall grade A+

Go buy several boxes and send the Rays parallels to me!!

Duane

Duane,

I can use the Tom Milone blue refractor if available. I have a Desmond Jennings refractor & xfractor to trade if you need either.

lmk thanks
Dan

Nice review - and a pretty nice box. I could use the Wily Peralta - I'll see what I can find of the Rays for you. Thanks - David.

The Milone is yours - I can use either and or both of the Jennings.... your call.

Duane

Duane,

I was out of town for work. Would you do the Milone & the Jarrod Parker refractor you got from your Finest break for both of the Jennings and these?

2010 Bowman 1992 Bowman Throwbacks #BT67 Mark Teixeira
2011 Topps 60 Years of Topps #53 Mark Teixeira
2009 Topps Wal Mart Black Border #120 Mark Teixeira

lmk thanks
Dan

Duane,

I was out of town for work. Would you do the Milone & the Jarrod Parker refractor you got from your Finest break for both of the Jennings and these?

2010 Bowman 1992 Bowman Throwbacks #BT67 Mark Teixeira
2011 Topps 60 Years of Topps #53 Mark Teixeira
2009 Topps Wal Mart Black Border #120 Mark Teixeira

lmk thanks
Dan

That works for me.

Duane