Site Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
Bench Founder
We are happy to announce that the site will be upgrading to a new version of Vbulletin. The upgrade will take place sometime this week barring any unforeseen problems that arise.

When the upgrade takes place the site will be down for up to 6 hours. I will post a message with a 24 hour notice of when this will take place.

I'm giving everyone the heads up now so you guys have time to copy any lists you might have. Also the userpages will be replaced with something different. So copy your data/lists onto notepad, that information will not be ported over to the new site.

Thanks,
Peter

The trade manager will keep all the data in it right?

Yes, the TM data will not be lost. We shut the site down, so that we can copy the data without losing anything that might be posted during the upgrade.

TM was our biggest challenge, it had to be re coded for the new system.

I dont know if Pete wants me to say anything but I am going to anyway. I talked to him earlier this afternoon and he got me into the new site on a test basis. I think you guys are going to be REALLY impressed. It was looking very nice. I can only imagine all of the hard work that is going into making this happen.

Thanks,

Jeff

I've been adding the little things....

There is now an ebay banner just under the Nav Bar. It includes an ebay search box that will open in a new window.

Thanks,

I dont know if Pete wants me to say anything but I am going to anyway. I talked to him earlier this afternoon and he got me into the new site on a test basis. I think you guys are going to be REALLY impressed. It was looking very nice. I can only imagine all of the hard work that is going into making this happen.

Thanks,

Jeff

Maybe it's just a matter of being comfortable and not liking change but so far I'm not liking the new site. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that when I search for posts by mintman2 I get "sorry, no search results" ? LOL

Would also be nice to have back the dropdown menu box, at the bottom of most pages, to select a forum to go to.

Last edited:
Sorry, just found the menu under the site news button. So now I have to find my post in order to jump to another forum, YUCK

Maybe it's just a matter of being comfortable and not liking change but so far I'm not liking the new site. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that when I search for posts by mintman2 I get "sorry, no search results" ? LOL

Would also be nice to have back the dropdown menu box, at the bottom of most pages, to select a forum to go to.

The 2nd part of your post exists...there is a quick navigation drop down at the bottom right side. Just after the last post.

And your subscribed threads are in your Profile Page - Subscription tab and on the left is a link to all your posts and threads.

I noticed when I go into Trade Manager...the secondary navigation bar that lists these options:

They are not there

Also in the Trade Manager itself is there anyway to get back the "you sent, received, they received, etc." under the status.

This looks like it will take a little while to get used to....It looks to be a little confusing and not as "clean" as the previous site, don't know if it is the colors and/or font sizes or combo of things...just seems cluttered to me...but I am always under the notion "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"...I am sure it will work itself out, I least I certainly hope so, If I don't have "THE BENCH" then I would definatley would not be able to continue this hobby...THE BENCH is plain and simple the best, even before the change...BTW The new logo is great, Ive thinking about getting business cards made up here in the last few weeks to hand out to collectors that I see in the stores and where I work at (TARGET).
Thanks for the listen
Robert

This looks like it will take a little while to get used to....It looks to be a little confusing and not as "clean" as the previous site, don't know if it is the colors and/or font sizes or combo of things...just seems cluttered to me...but I am always under the notion "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"...I am sure it will work itself out,

I agree, but at least it's still the Bench!

Scobes

And your subscribed threads are in your Profile Page - Subscription tab and on the left is a link to all your posts and threads.

Hey Pete. Wasn't talking about subscribed threads, which I don't have any of. I used to do a search of my user name and the results were all the threads that I had posted in. Now i get nothing :(

i don't recall seeing any mention of this:

in trade manager, it shows my trade partner as rcvng what i'm getting. then i click and go into the actual trade page, and again it shows trade partner rcvng cards they are sending to me, and me rcvng cards i am sending to them.

i like the new look for the most part. no complaints, just a little time adjusting is all :)

great job to everyone involved in the switch!

paul

Paul, this will get fixed.

i don't recall seeing any mention of this:

in trade manager, it shows my trade partner as rcvng what i'm getting. then i click and go into the actual trade page, and again it shows trade partner rcvng cards they are sending to me, and me rcvng cards i am sending to them.

i like the new look for the most part. no complaints, just a little time adjusting is all :)

great job to everyone involved in the switch!

paul

Just noticed something else....I went to change a title for one of my threads and it just reverted back to the original title...I know there is a lot of tweaking going on....keep up the fgood work.....Starting to get better on finding my way around...

I noticed this as well, as I editted the title of a thread, and 2 days later it was still the original.
Just noticed something else....I went to change a title for one of my threads and it just reverted back to the original title...I know there is a lot of tweaking going on....keep up the fgood work.....Starting to get better on finding my way around...