Upgrade is complete...report new bugs here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Champs96ws

Bench Founder
5.00 star(s)
Bench Founder
Josh has completed patching all the known bugs on the site.

TM is now working like it should and has the printer friendly link on the top right corner of the trade.
The Newbie Avatar is back in place.
PM Message tracking is working
Site's search is now indexed and working properly.

I decided not to have the system rerun the Bench Points total, we have had the system in place for such a long time and there are a lot of points that original members have that are PRE-Trade Manager. I think it would turn into a huge mess. So we found an easier solution that will involve more work for me, but less headaches. I will manually process the points from completed trades this past week. If you happen to be missing a point or two, no big deal. It's not like they are worth anything.

I'll post a News thread once that is complete.

As for the option to exclude forums. This is on our to-do list, it wasn't a standard feature in the old site. So it will need to be added onto the new site, it's not as easy as flipping a setting on or off, give us a little time on this one.

Thanks for all the feedback during this hectic week. Hopefully we are over the hump and it will be business as usual.

We will monitor this thread for issues, so if you have any please post them here. Please don't reply unless you have a problem.

New bug:

When you go to the printable trade page, it looks like if a trader has selected to have their address only shown on a confirmed trade, it will say "[Address Hidden]" even if the trade has been confirmed.

EDIT - Also just noticed that for all of my trades that have been posted since the site upgrade, they are saying "not yet confirmed" on the individual trade page even though they rightly say "confirmed" on the TM list page.

Richard

Last edited:
I can now search by user name but all I get are the threads I've started and doesn't show the threads that I've posted in. Maybe I'm missing something ?

Last edited:
New bug:

When you go to the printable trade page, it looks like if a trader has selected to have their address only shown on a confirmed trade, it will say "[Address Hidden]" even if the trade has been confirmed.

EDIT - Also just noticed that for all of my trades that have been posted since the site upgrade, they are saying "not yet confirmed" on the individual trade page even though they rightly say "confirmed" on the TM list page.

Richard

I have the same problem that Richard has: I have a trade confirmed and received pm telling me so earlier today (#230767). However, I go to the trade and at the bottom (trade status I think) it says "not confirmed yet". I think that the other trader can not see my Paypal address either.

I posted a trade with a new trader with 0 points and in the posted trade it said "No trader has a bad trader rating so the traders decide who sends first". Do you want it to say that with members under 20 points? Most new traders probably know they have to send first but it could create confusion.

Not really a bug, but I was wondering if we can have some sort of indicator in our PM's to see if we are nearing capacity. Also in the TM when someone used to mark received, it would reflect on the status of the trade from confirmed to received, is that something that could possibly be brought back or is it lost in the update. Not the biggest of concerns here, so no worries either way.

Not really a bug, but I was wondering if we can have some sort of indicator in our PM's to see if we are nearing capacity. Also in the TM when someone used to mark received, it would reflect on the status of the trade from confirmed to received, is that something that could possibly be brought back or is it lost in the update. Not the biggest of concerns here, so no worries either way.

I think the capacity indicator is at the bottom of your inbox now.

Instead of searching by threads that you started, you should search for all posts that you started. This can be founf on your profile page. http://www.thebenchtrading.com/search.php?searchid=15427

Clicked your link and got "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Even if it worked shouldn't all the search options be on the search page ? I'm trying to be positive about the "upgrade" but it seems like it's a whole bunch of extra clicks and workarounds compared to the old site. Simple things, like when using "quick navigation", when you hit the drop down menu you were highlighted on the forum you were on. Now, you're always at the top and have to scroll down and find the forum you want. Maybe it's just me but I found it much easier when I was in non sports for sale to hit the menu button and simply click the next listed forum, non sport want lists. Now I have to scroll through the whole menu and find the forum.

Maybe it's just me though.

9/10 fixes -
List are no longer wrapping
Print View address should show correctly

As for the non-confirmed in trade page, we can not duplicate this to see the issue. Whatever is posted on the dashboard is the same exact info posted on the trade page. Both pages get the info from the same place, they just display different parts of it. So it's impossible for it to display 2 different options, and if I go to view it it looks fine on my end. If you have this happen can you do a F5 to refresh the screen.

Please report if this continues.

Clicked your link and got "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Even if it worked shouldn't all the search options be on the search page ? I'm trying to be positive about the "upgrade" but it seems like it's a whole bunch of extra clicks and workarounds compared to the old site. Simple things, like when using "quick navigation", when you hit the drop down menu you were highlighted on the forum you were on. Now, you're always at the top and have to scroll down and find the forum you want. Maybe it's just me but I found it much easier when I was in non sports for sale to hit the menu button and simply click the next listed forum, non sport want lists. Now I have to scroll through the whole menu and find the forum.

Maybe it's just me though.

I'm sorry the link I posted didn't work. But you can find your posted on your profile page. Did you try that? Also when I did a search on your username, it brought up every thread where your username appears. As far as quick navigation, I don't understand what your saying. That might be something I never use, because I don't recognize your description.

9/10 fixes -
List are no longer wrapping
Print View address should show correctly

As for the non-confirmed in trade page, we can not duplicate this to see the issue. Whatever is posted on the dashboard is the same exact info posted on the trade page. Both pages get the info from the same place, they just display different parts of it. So it's impossible for it to display 2 different options, and if I go to view it it looks fine on my end. If you have this happen can you do a F5 to refresh the screen.

Please report if this continues.

Peter:
Here is a copy of the trade I have with TITAN777. Please see how, in the same page, it has it as "confirmed" on Trade Status, but then farther down as "not confirmed yet". This is not allowing the other side to see my Paypal address I believe. I did received a pm from The Bench telling me "trade has been confirmed by Titan777" when the other side confirmed.

Trade Details
Trade ID:

Trade Status:
Confirmed

Transaction Type:
Trade

criollos receives:
$17 Paypal Delivered

titan777 receives:

2001 Stadium Club JAVY LOPEZ #PTM-JL Passport to the Majors GU-Jersey #’ed 0004/1200 (Braves)
2002 Fleer Premium JUAN GONZALEZ GU-Jersey International Pride (Indians)
2002 Playoff Piece of the Game MAGGLIO ORDONEZ #POG-52 GU-Bat #’ed 179/250 (White Sox)
2002 Topps Pristine IVAN RODRIGUEZ #IG-IR In The Gap GU-Bat #’ed 159/425 (Rangers)
2004 Fleer Genuine Insider CARLOS DELGADO #GI-CD GU-Jersey Genuine Article Insider #’ed 032/250 (Blue Jays)
2004 Sweet Spot CARLOS DELGADO #STS-CD Gu-Jersey (Blue Jays)
2005 Throwback Threads CARLOS DELGADO #TC-23 GU #’ed 116/150 (Blue Jays)
2005 Topps Bazooka Blasts MAGGLIO ORDONEZ #BB-MO GU-Bat (White Sox)

2008 Donruss Threads Alexis Oliveras #77 AUTO #’ed/975
2002 SPX Prospect Jorge Padilla Auto #141
1999 SP Top Prospects Felipe Lopez #FL AUTO
2004 UD Pro Sigs Fernando Cabrera #213 AUTO
2006 Ovation Spotlight David DeJesus #SS-DD AUTO
2008 Donruss Threads Hector Correa #116 AUTO #’ed/999
2000 Just Minors Cesar Crespo #BA-42 AUTO

Trade Was Created On:
09-06-2012

Trade Was Accepted On:
Not Yet Confirmed

Receiving
criollos Receive Date:
Not Yet Received

titan777 Receive Date:
Not Yet Received

Last edited:
Thanks for the hard work! Just one minor issue that I noticed is that when I go into the member list and categorize members by join date, Bench points, etc. and skip to the next page, it does not stay categorized. I don't know if this is making sense but I am tired after all...

I posted a trade with a new trader with 0 points and in the posted trade it said "No trader has a bad trader rating so the traders decide who sends first". Do you want it to say that with members under 20 points? Most new traders probably know they have to send first but it could create confusion.

Just curious if anyone saw my post??

The points from this month trade are not moving........I should have 11 more points.....not a few points...alot of points. Now I'm afraid of completing more trades....as I might lose more points!! Best regards, David

I'm sorry the link I posted didn't work. But you can find your posted on your profile page. Did you try that? Also when I did a search on your username, it brought up every thread where your username appears. As far as quick navigation, I don't understand what your saying. That might be something I never use, because I don't recognize your description.

I'm talking about the quick navigation button at the bottom of most pages. Old site when you clicked it, the forum you were in was highlighted and you were at it on the list. Made it very convenient when I wanted to visit all the non sports forums or all the baseball trading forums as they were right there. However, this new site starts you at the top of the list so you have to scroll through the list of forums searching for where you're going next.

And no, I haven't even visited my profile page yet. I'm working up the courage for that ;)

Not a big deal, but when I see a notification of a new inbox item, and I go to that PM, it still shows a notification when at that PM. Of course, it is cleared from then on when I go to any other link after that.

Not a big deal, but when I see a notification of a new inbox item, and I go to that PM, it still shows a notification when at that PM. Of course, it is cleared from then on when I go to any other link after that.

I think thats how the software is designed, I have the same issue in SCF. Just have to adapt I guess.

The points from this month trade are not moving........I should have 11 more points.....not a few points...alot of points. Now I'm afraid of completing more trades....as I might lose more points!! Best regards, David

I don't see any errors. You were at 5552 around the upgrade and are now at 5571 that's 19 trades which reflects what you have posted in TM.

I have created "dummy" trades and upon completion the point is awarded (within the 20-30 min window). Remember points don't show up the instant you click complete.