It's that time of year again for the Real Shriner's Show!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jflan702

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Hi everyone!

Yes we are back! Our annual Shriner's Show is on schedule as usual for November 2, 3, 4. We have tons of dealers, both local and national. This is one of the best shows of the year. IF you are in the area, or not, come on by and check out this great show. IT is vintage heavy, but there are still plenty of dealers with modern as well. BGS and Spence authentication will be there, as well as lots of wax dealers.

Here is the link to the GBSCC site with all of the info.

http://www.gbscc.com/convention.html

And of course, the autograph guests. Sureshot Promotions is once again providing a star packed line-up for the weekend. Please visit their site for times and prices.

http://sureshotpromotions.com/

As always, I can't wait to see the usual crowd of Benchies and other on-line traders. I hope this year we can meet more new Benchies. Post here if you plan on coming by and when.

See ya soon.

John

Last edited:
Okay so who is going to this one and when? It looks like I will be there on Saturday based on the autograph guests.

Thanks,

Jeff

Middlebrooks is 11-1, Lynn is 1-3 and Pedro is 2-4. Not sure who I am getting yet but I will probably be there in this time frame. Is the Bench banner going to be there? Would love to get pictures with other members in front of it.

Thanks,

Jeff

6 days away and now I might not be able to make it. Power situation with Hurricane Sandy will play a part but this stupid severely sprained ankle will probably be a bigger factor. The ankle is feeling better but I might not be up for a 2 hour drive by Saturday.

Thanks,

Jeff

6 days away and now I might not be able to make it. Power situation with Hurricane Sandy will play a part but this stupid severely sprained ankle will probably be a bigger factor. The ankle is feeling better but I might not be up for a 2 hour drive by Saturday.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

If you make the trip, I'll be sure to have a wheelchair waiting for you. That could work in your favor, as we try to put the wheelchair fans at the front of the autograph lines.

Either way, hopefully you stay safe in the storm.

If I cant walk around I am not coming. It would not be any fun. Good thing about this hurricane is I got home at 12 or so and have basically done nothing since. Lying in bed with my ankle elevated - the last component of RICE - rest, ice, compression, elevation. I have to say the air cast is GREAT. Will put it back on if and when I go to head out.

Also, Matt has already told me he isnt coming. So it may just be me and Debbie. She said she would come when I mentioned Pedro.

Thanks,

Jeff

The show is still on as planned. We started getting set up today. Dealers start arriving tomorrow to get set up and we open friday at noon. The few dealers who have contacted us that they will not be coming have been replaced by dealers on our waiting list. So far everything is as it should be for the best show in NE.

Hope to see a bunch of benchies this weekend. I'll post some pics as soon as I am able.

Count me out this year. The ankle just is not going to get better if I spend 2 hours driving each way and then all that time on concrete floors inside. I need to take the weekend to let it rest and heal. Sorry guys. Like the Red Sox are saying - wait til next year.

Thanks,

Jeff

I will be there this morning. I will be wearing a red Ohio State jacket so if anyone wants to say Hi feel free.

I was there on Saturday from 9:30 until about 1:00. I did not meet any Benchies but did pick up some great cards.Saw Mr Mint is his usual spot right by the entrance. I got the 1972 Mays and 1972 Carlton that I had been wanting for a while. Also picked up some nice 1960 Topps and 1971 Topps base cards for my sets. Once again a great show.

Sorry that I missed you on Saturday. I was pretty busy around noon with the crowd. We had a light attendance of Benchies this year. I only saw Jack, Scottzoe and Klute14. Jeff was on IR and Chief was MIA.

Chief are you ok??? Haven't seen you around for a while.

The show was absolutely crazy today. The crowds started at the opening and didn't stop. I even saw one guy show up at 3:45 (show closes at 4) just to get in and try to find some stuff.

Only 364 more days to the 28th annual show. Please remember, the show in April is NOT our show.

Thanks,